Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have definitely noticed that box labels are incorrect when advertising FPS, like everyone else; however, there is a problem that each company has different lies. Now I am looking at getting a new rifle (Mine is getting a little old), but each website has the same gun at drastically different FPS. I was wondering if this is because the overall quality is different, or if they are all the same FPS but just different exaggerations of the true FPS.

Thanks,

Shooter

·
Registered
506 Posts
And on the guns, like the UTG L96, where the spring is ≈500 fps, and confirmed to be around that high, I'd recommend to just buy a 400 fps spring, save the stock internals, and then work up that high. Also, you're going to constantly going to adjust your hop-up and scope because of the falling hop up from the weakening spring, because those springs aren't that hot for long...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Depends on the gun, but like the UTG, with an abnormally hot spring, they drop VERY fast, within hundreds of shots. With not as hot springs, they drop slower, but I would still get a better spring.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AEG's however take much more use than a sniper rifle. I am crawling and traversing for more than half a game, and take 10 key shots in one game. Max I have used a total of 30 bbs in a game

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.