Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
Very nice! I do have to say one thing, this is an alternative, and in no way saying your choice in gauges is bad, I would have opted for the ashcroft gauge instead as it is more accurate. Of coarse it costs double what the other one is. Other then that awesome guide.

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
o_O It did what? I have not heard of ashcrofts exploding like that before. Being too big, yeah, I can see that, but exploding... wow. You must tell us more!

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
I had designed something to that extent. One problem is it is a complete redesign on the system.

To go off what 1tonne said, as far as putting an HPA tank in the stock, while possible if you used a very small tank, it is highly unlikely. HPA tanks, NOT CO2, need to be recertified every X# of years. The US, EU, and many other countries, require it to not only protect shops, but owners as well. Due to the fact that HPA bottles can rupture and explode, rocket off, or a few other things.

We could do what TM did with the m870, but we would still have the same problem as the m870. The gas tanks apparently, in hot weather, expand causing the tank to stick inside the stock. I do not know the extent of the damage that it causes. Additionally if the stock were a tank running HPA, you would eventually need to replace the stock. If the rifle fails to be popular then you are going to be up the creek with out a paddle.

If it were designed to run off CO2 then it would be easier, still need sufficient expansion room so you do not freeze up the valve and reg, not that it would happen in a sniper rifle, but you would want to limit the number of points of possible failure. Which would mean hard-lining the connections through out the system, which would increase the end cost as those connections are expensive. Unless you ran it on a removable chassis that screws into place. Mind you that is what I would have done.

End of the day, it would be amazingly expensive. Sorry to be Mr. Buzzkillington there.

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
Custom builds, absolutely doable. From a large mass production stand point, probably never going to happen. Unless someone comes up with a tank that can hold 4500 psi that is the size of a co2 quick change system, that is relatively inexpensive.

Now if we are talking about lets say using one of these, http://www.amazon.com/JT-90gram-CO2-Tank-Prefilled/dp/B005QIK966
then sure, I am sure someone could build a rifle to work with these. Mind you the tanks above are not refillable.

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
You could, not saying you can't, but I think the biggest tank you can fit on those is a 13/3000. should be more then enough. But not every one likes m4 stocks, also there is only like 2 that even do that. Sure you could mod a stock or 2 but then that is getting into the customizing, and blows the whole "out of box" thing.

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
Now when you say bedding in you mean breaking in right? bedding in has a whole different meaning when it comes to regs and its not a positive thing. (well it is around me anyway, seeing as you are from the UK that is probably one of those translation things.)

Reactions: Scheck

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
Your regulator is still in the break-in phase. It will finish breaking in somewhere between 1000-3000 cycles. It could be more if you are quite unlucky.

My last rebuild on one of my regs took 6000 cycles for it to break-in (it was not a palmer).

By seal he means the air seal between your nozzle and bucking, and the seal between your bolt and magazine.

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
All that does is lets you adjust how long the valve is open for. (mechanical dwell)

I used one in my Tanaka AICS before trading it. That was a massive royal pain to adjust and set. It also had the tendency to go out of adjustment fairly easily. (at least mine did anyway)

I did not find it overly useful as you can achieve the same results using different means.

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
The best length at this point would be what size you want. Seeing as you can adjust the amount of air entering the barrel. It will mostly have to do with how your system performs.

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
There are not any HPA tanks that small. Unless you plan on making a custom stock just for that.

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
Meh, anything that small will be more headaches then what it is worth. Sure IF there were tanks that small they would be like what 1 maybe 3 CI tops. Plus you would not be able to use standard tank regs and connection equipment. That would wind up being custom which would increase the cost and make your life adapting it a pain.

I considered this for a while, but the initial investment into getting small tanks like that is pretty high. If I were building full rifles that would be a different story, it would take after the m870 I guess.

End of the day, too little air to be truly effective for an event, maybe a weekend if you shoot sparingly. But for a good scenario, no way. Sure you could carry more tanks with you, but is all the extra crap really worth the benefit of such a setup? To me, no. Not when you can use a proper remote hose, proper tank arrangement, and a little bit of ingenuity on modding your gear to work the way you want it to.

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
I thought on that for a while, and looked into what it would cost and all that. Which is why I know its just not worth it.

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
So let me get this straight... You want to run a external air tank (I.E a 68/4500) on your back and run that to a reg in the stock which is connected to the magazine. Right?

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
This is going to be a bit long winded so give me some time to write it. I'll add it to my external gas rig thread. (I need to rename that)

Long post short. Macro line, micro line, and Micro bore, are all different. Macro line is stronger more robust and has a large airflow then the micro, not super flexible.

Micro line is pretty soft and flexible. (IE the hose that connects to the mancraft bolt is micro line) Only rated for 70PSI, though has been known to take more. Not good for parts that moves a lot as it is easily damaged. (great for making fill valve orings and soft numbs.)

Microbore (like the picture) are slim versions of the thick hoses. I do not know too much about the offering that Ninja Paintball has released, but from what they claim it will handle 4500 psi. From the ones I have used, (not the ninja) in the past they have all been colossal waists of money.

Super fragile. The hoses blew out easily and would break easily. Flow rate was a joke and needed to be run on low pressure (less than 400 psi). Then again, for a bolt action may not be so bad. (flow rate)

You can protect the microbore by running it in a sewn on routing sleeve by sewing it to the sleeve of your shirt or ghillie top. This would prevent snagging and what not.

If you want to try the Ninja microbore, go for it, but just be warned that it has the possibility to go south rather quick.

If you buy a coiled remote, make sure you buy a remote cover for it. Helps with snagging and protects the hose from UV damage and sharp bits.

Totally off topic but if you have an HPA tank, there is no freakin reason it should not have a protective tank cover on it. just sayin.

· Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
You should be using grease instead of oil. Oil will run off and and eventually make its way to your barrel and bucking.

Check to make sure there is nothing pinching inside your magazine, most notably the strike plate and valve pin in the back. Also check the striker as well. If it has been used a lot its possible it may have mushroomed out a bit.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.