Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's about time I started this thread. Been working on this project for a while, but now there's actually something to show for it.

This is a complete re-think of the VSR, and airsoft sniper rifles in general, while still maintaining backwards compatibility with core VSR parts. I've basically redesigned everything from tip to butt (;)). Only standard parts left are the cylinder, bucking, inner barrel, and trigger (sort of). Will start with just showing some pics as I don't have all the hardware in yet to fully put things together. Not every part is shown here, just some of the cooler stuff for now.

Wood Trigger Amber Air gun Material property

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Water Wood Tints and shades Vehicle Event

*last pic is with a standard Cyma receiver to show compatibility

· Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Design, certainly, but (I think?) the parts were made by Mancraft.
I have a machine shop that I work with. Not Mancraft, and as far as I know they don’t do anything else airsoft related.

I think you might be thinking of the stock parts. The regulator I’m using is one that Mancraft makes.

· Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So far so good. All those wacky ideas I had have worked out up to this point. I need to do some massaging in one area of the receiver, but otherwise it's fully functional! Was getting just 0.01J deviation in energy output with a thrown together cylinder. Really curious how it's going to do with HPA now.

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool pic. Also, the rest of the stock parts should be here soon so I can maybe assemble the complete thing in a little bit. That being said, I'm reworking a bunch of the stock for strength so a lot of it will change anyway.

Wood Office supplies Metal Writing implement Windscreen wiper

· Registered
874 Posts
So how exactly does that outer barrel locking mechanism work?? Not the approach I expected you to go with.

Overall, that thing looks solid as hell. A lot of it honestly reminds me of the pdi outer I just got on my smokey's VSR.

· Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Essentially, works exactly like the buffer tube on an AR. That grey piece is just a big jam nut that pulls the barrel threads tight, and the ring of three screws just provide anti-rotation (they fit through holes in the outer barrel and don't actually press on the threads). Technically this works with all standard outer barrels too. So, if you wanted you could have whatever profile or look, but with the rigidity of a one-piece setup. That jam nut is made from 440 stainless steel, heat treated, and then black oxided. Probably overkill, but whatever.

· Registered
874 Posts
How do you ensure the outer is the same distance forward/backwards on reassembly? It also seems like it could rotate a tiny bit on reassembly as well?

· Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The outer barrel is still threaded into the receiver, so you’d set the distance just like any other standard VSR. Although I have a cutout in my outer barrel that lets you see how close the front of the cylinder is from the hop up chamber. Also you can move my hop up chamber forward and back in smaller increments to take up any extra space that couldn’t be done with the outer barrel.

Once the anti rotation screws are in the outer barrel, it really can’t turn at all. But you can always match the flat on the top of the TDC to the flat of the rail for perfect alignment.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts