Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Wait Wait Wait

Let’s back up the train a little…

You can put an rhop patch in without gluing it in? We are talking Bolt action sniper or AEG here?

I’m trying to decide between Elvish pre-cut r-hop patches vs. maple leaf mr hop for my AEGs… and if you folks are saying AEG r-hop patches doesn’t need to be glued (given the rate of fire on those), this is slightly mind blowing to me. That's like finding out various foods I been putting in the fridge all my life doesn't need to be in there...(ketchup)

Reactions: Zero Roaster

·
Registered
800 Posts
I didn’t glue any of mine.

Hpa Thompson with ProWin hopup chamber. Has pdi 6.01 barrel with elvish tac r hop.

Silverback srs a2 covert has pdi 6.01 with faceless r hop in a FAST hop

Hpa vsr10 with AA chamber and pdi 6.01 with faceless r hop.

No glue!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Theoretically, sure..you can assemble it without glue. But will it be as good as it can be and can you shape it properly without having it being held in? No...definitely not. Keep your ketchup in the fridge.

·
Super Moderator
3,859 Posts
I prefer cold ketchup over room temp. Also according to the label on said ketchup it does say "For best results, refrigerate after opening." (There is a bottle on my desk currently from food. If you want pics I will produce.)

Though as for the real conversation, I have always glued mine. Guess I can test it on my p90. (I got really good with the hopchop now that I made adjustments to mine.)

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Interestingly I've seen people claiming maple leaf AEG rubbers are terrible, ranging from ripping in a few shots or have terrible deviation.

In my personal experience (at least the super Macaron) they are decent.
Well, I'll try for myself soon enough, probably MR-HOP or Super by the looks of things.

·
Registered
371 Posts
@Zero Roaster

The elvish r hop doesn't require shaping, they are precut to fit the exact dimensions of a barrel window

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So I do not do anything special to normal buckings.
Just yesterday I had a person who has been teching for 10 years (Any is a very good tech-has AEG's firing at 45rps at 1j) say to me that he will be changing his bolty to a stock bucking to try and match the accuracy as my stock bucking in my bolty. We both have the exact same rifle and the only difference is the bucking.
I am still not convinced that R-hop's are any better in a bolty.
Sorry, I just have never seen an R-hop outdo a stock bucking for accuracy. They are the same from what I have seen. Sure, you will get dud normal buckings but you will also get dud R-hops too. The only advantage R-hop has it that is can backspin ceramics well.

·
Registered
647 Posts
So I do not do anything special to normal buckings.
Just yesterday I had a person who has been teching for 10 years (Any is a very good tech-has AEG's firing at 45rps at 1j) say to me that he will be changing his bolty to a stock bucking to try and match the accuracy as my stock bucking in my bolty. We both have the exact same rifle and the only difference is the bucking.
I am still not convinced that R-hop's are any better in a bolty.
Sorry, I just have never seen an R-hop outdo a stock bucking for accuracy. They are the same from what I have seen. Sure, you will get dud normal buckings but you will also get dud R-hops too. The only advantage R-hop has it that is can backspin ceramics well.
Lol I play at a relatively large field, and in all my time playing here, I literally have not seen someone with an accurate VSR. Every single one has had some sort of curve, or wonky hopup, or something terrible with it.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Lol I play at a relatively large field, and in all my time playing here, I literally have not seen someone with an accurate VSR. Every single one has had some sort of curve, or wonky hopup, or something terrible with it.
All of my VSR's that I have built have shot straight unless they had the stock hopup. Stock hopup's are not great.
On Saturday I was shooting people up to 98 meters away (Measured with google earth) with a 3.1 joule rifle and 0.48gm (no wind). It would take me about 3 to 4 shots per kill. So not bad at extra long range. Also, got plenty of 80 meter kills. At one stage I set myself up in a position where I took out about 30+ enemy before I was over run.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
@Zero Roaster

The elvish r hop doesn't require shaping, they are precut to fit the exact dimensions of a barrel window
In my world, they ALL require shaping. Sure, it may fit the window, but is it as good as it can be? Maybe I'm not divulging something here...maybe...>:D

I have no doubt it's a good patch. But the best rifles are still ground up custom builds. :shot:

Oh and 1 tonne...good show!:tup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
1 tonne with all respect to your knowledge and experience must disagree , normal bucking touch bb in just one point of contact which is very easy for error shoot to shoot . with MR hop or other X range buking, you have more time to stabilize bb in proper position . You mentioned low fps builds which i am limited to , i use 0.3 in AEG and 0.36 in VSR and normal bucking in same guns cant go even close to MR hop bucking in any of them 2 builds . ( use Mr Hop with AEG after beading is perfect with maxx model HU and Mr hop in VSR )

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
How do we know that one point of contact is more inaccurate? Why.
With more points of contact, you have more points where an imperfection may make it inaccurate (This is me just playing devils advocate now).
There are arguments for why not to use a standard nub but then the same argument can be used to say that R-hop is not good either.
I think that with one point of contact it is more accurate because the pressure is applied evenly just on top where R-hop can be inconsistent because it touches the bb more. (Yes, devils advocate)

·
Registered
643 Posts
In the end unless you are that daredevil and rich to buy and build lots of VSRs of otherwise the same specifications, and do very throughout shooting tests in an area with perfectly/close to perfect still air (good god that's gonna be super warm in there btw) with a standard CTC, we probably would never know if a ML bucking (Auto, Supes or MR) is better than R-hop.

And that's in super still air where in reality uncontrollable winds, tilting/shaking hands or whatever reason that causes deviation will all screw with your aim somewhat.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
In the end unless you are that daredevil and rich to buy and build lots of VSRs of otherwise the same specifications, and do very throughout shooting tests in an area with perfectly/close to perfect still air (good god that's gonna be super warm in there btw) with a standard CTC, we probably would never know if a ML bucking (Auto, Supes or MR) is better than R-hop.

And that's in super still air where in reality uncontrollable winds, tilting/shaking hands or whatever reason that causes deviation will all screw with your aim somewhat.
To elaborate on this, I do have a 100m enclosed space that's heated and void of currents when we turn the fans off. The celing is about 15m high so the air at ground level is quite still. When we test the rifle, it's on a sled to minimize deviation. The target is sighted with a laser calibrated to a set distance and BB variation measured accordingly. It's amazing how inaccurate these rifles are when you stack them up like that. hahahahaha.:lmao:

But, on a positive note, it does help when dialling it in. I usually take around 50-100 shots, modify the rifle, and recreate the conditions, and then tweak again, etc.

in the end, as soon as you take the rifle outside in game conditions, it all goes to hell anyways...:lmao::doh::shot:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wait Wait Wait

Let’s back up the train a little…

You can put an rhop patch in without gluing it in? We are talking Bolt action sniper or AEG here?

I’m trying to decide between Elvish pre-cut r-hop patches vs. maple leaf mr hop for my AEGs… and if you folks are saying AEG r-hop patches doesn’t need to be glued (given the rate of fire on those), this is slightly mind blowing to me. That's like finding out various foods I been putting in the fridge all my life doesn't need to be in there...(ketchup)
Elvish tac says to glue them on their website

·
Registered
100 Posts
After a lot of teching on other guns I do agree that a stock bucking can be damn accurate... As long as the bucking and nub is made well any bucking and nub can be super accurate. Also to notice, consistency and allignement is super important. Getting everything perfectly alligned and with consitent hop pressure, fps, stabilisation and getting everyting snug you will achieve perfect accuracy. The guns that shot best for me where stock guns that where alligend perfectly due to the stock parts working well together with some minor hop adjustments like shimming the hop arm and making it seal good. The quality of the bucking is more important than the design of the bucking. Although a bigger contact patch will help in lifting heavier bb's and wasting less energy.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts