Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Just to state again, I am posting for a friend who doesn't want to make an account.

Me and my friend have a big OP coming up, and my friend was getting his gun fixed when the guys said that his gun is toast :/ He just got it and only used it at a game once so I feel pretty bad. The OP is this Saturday (in Ohio) and he needs a new gun too. We are going to Air Rattle in Cincinnati, OH tomorrow to get an new gun but he doesn't know which and I gave him some suggestions, note also he doesn't want electric, gas, or HPA.

M24
M28
Vsr
Bar
Mk96

Do you gust have any other suggestions? Or which one would you guys choose? Also please list what kind of bucking/barrel would be good with the gun you chose if possible. Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
VSR or BAR 10. If your in a time crunch these would be the easiest rifles to buy an upgrade. Which gun to buy is really up to your friend and his budget. I've had good luck with REAPS bucking and Nineball purple bucking, as well as action army and mad bull barrels. The barrels I list here are more budget barrels, and can usually be found at most shops, if he wants super high quality, he'd probably need to order parts online.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
The VSR10 is the most reliable but the Mk96 is good once upgraded and it is reasonable cheap to upgrade.
Regarding the barrel, first try cleaning it with tooth paste and then turpentine. Clean it by putting the cleaning rod into a drill. By doing this you might find that you do not need to upgrade the barrel. I have found that often the stock barrels can perform quite good.
Also the standard buckings for the WELL Mk96 and the JG or TM VSR are good buckings.
If he does want to upgrade it then put money into a new trigger system and maybe a bigger spring for the VSR and for the Mk96 you need to upgrade all the internals. Army Force put out a cheap upgrade kit that needs a lot of work to get it to function right but once it is done the gun will be reliable and accurate.

·
Registered
838 Posts
when first start, bar-10 or vsr will be better than L96, more simple parts than xD.

But if you are fan of L96, your can choose it. Just need time and work to make it useable

Reactions: 1tonne
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.