Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats going on everybody,

right now i using a 6.01 AA inner barrel, i kind of want to switch it up and use a maple leaf crazy jet barrel, do you think my accuracy would be a lot better? i'm not expecting difference in range or anything in that matter, i'm just curious if anyone has done a comparison with it

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
You should gain about 10% better groupings at 50 meters.
The AA barrel is still good though

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Overall I don't think the groupings have halved. On my experiment it did seem like it but over time, with more use I would estimate that it is better but not by heaps. It is enough though that if you can get one, it would be worth it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply guys,

for some reason i was nervous cause the maple leaf barrel is a 6.04, and i thought my accuracy would be crappy since its a 6.04 instead of a 6.01, i was told the 6.01 is better but like i said i kind of wanted to compare it and i like to switch things up once in awhile, but needless to say thanks for the help :)

(still new to sniping i've been doing it for 2 months or so... trying to gather as much info as possible)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
bore size has 0, zero, null, none-at-all influence on accuracy. Tighter = better is the biggest myth in airsoft history. What really matters is quality, technology, and compatibility with your desired hop setup. Besides, claimed bore sizes are almost always a lie, and most barrels tend to be tighter at the ends than right in the middle.
So for instance, a PDI 6.05 will always be better than a Vanaras or Angel Custom 6.01.

Maple Leaf barrels are high quality, and have a technological advantage over every other for their advanced pressure relief system where every other barrel has just some basic crowning. So in my book, Maple Leaf Crazy Jet are tier 1 barrels, together with PDI and EdGI, while everything else is a step (or more) bellow.

Going from Action Army to Maple Leaf Crazy Jet you'll always see an improvement.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for helping me out with the bore sizes, really appreciate it, that was the one thing i was stuck on and wasn't sure what to get. thanks once again have a good one :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
thanks for helping me out with the bore sizes, really appreciate it, that was the one thing i was stuck on and wasn't sure what to get. thanks once again have a good one :)
you can see cleanshot video review on youtube. Although it not long range test but you can see pretty much better grouping than normal inner barrel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.