Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Actually, JG Bar stock trigger is slightly different than TM. My Deep Fire sears didnt fit JG (they wobbled quite a lot and didnt work for that reason) but fit perfect in Marui. So, internals are not completely compatible... Just a small point :D

Talking about putting teflon tape on cylinder head screws for better air seal, I found it completely useless and giving about no performance gain, even in my bored out marui cylinder... If your cylinder leaks, it will leak on the piston, not the head...

· Registered
155 Posts
maybe it "useless" fix airseal, but some players got problem: Cylinder head got un-screw after some shots, and Teflon tape can fix that problem xD.

@Reliku: Even 45* not the best, but it still suite for low-cost builds/ medium FPS.
Mine still using it ( and modded it to 55* degree), combine with M145 Element, I still got nice FPS to pushing heavy bbs.
I have never heard of cylinder head unscrewing itself. You have to screw it tight enough with the correct tools, I think Laylax is making a cylinder open tool actually. Ive only heard about the cylinder head popping out if the threads have got really bad like in my 8 year old stock cylinder (opened countless of times) and if using very strong springs like M190/M200. Usually teflon tape just makes it difficult to put the head on correct threads, not worth...

Just buying sears for 45 degrees is really cheap way to make your gun able to take springs easily up to M150 and probably M170 without any probs too, so you can easily reach the maximum field legal fps. I used 45 degree sears for 8 years and theyre still in great condition. Also, I think there is not many good, one piece 90 degree pistons... The AA piston is shit, their venting causes the piston to leak, Im sure mine is not a lemon, Ive heard about the same issue from many users, also the piston end easily starts to unscrew and thats not a good thing.

· Registered
155 Posts
No-one said the AA piston was the way to go though.

If you want a cheap way to get more power reliably, an airsoftpro gen 4 trigger set will only cost 100 euros and comes with all required cylinder internals. Even allows you to use 9 mm springs. It's way better than getting an upgraded set of 45 degree sears. Because even if they last long enough, you will still have an annoying trigger pull (compared to a 90 degree) and the bolt return will not be as smooth. The 45 degree design is simply flawed.
As I told earlier, the airsoftpro is terribly loud sounding trigger unit, its better have a 45 degree sear than that "TSSHIHHHH" :D All you really need is a stronger spring, no need for new piston or probably not even the upgraded spring guide is needed. So thats even cheaper than asp.

The trigger pull is not hard at all, 90 degree with s-trigger is almost too light for M150 spring... Bolt return is a bit rougher in 45, but personally I dont see the point of lighter bolt push than the bolt pull itself...

But, this is just my 0,02$..

· Registered
155 Posts
Well, I'm not really a fan of encouraging inferior options when there is a better option from a technical point of view. Sure, a 45 degree trigger can work for a while, but it will wear quicker and will not work as well as the 90 degree alternative. Additionally, it will not only wear down the sears or the piston, but because it pushes the piston upwards, it also wears down your cylinder. I doubt the latter will prove a major issue down the road, but why even bother with it?

As I told earlier, the airsoftpro is terribly loud sounding trigger unit
With a little tuning the ASP ones work fine, sound wise. They are a little louder than AA for example, but they are, along with the PDI triggers, the most reliable ones in my experience.

but personally I dont see the point of lighter bolt push than the bolt pull itself...
I definitely see a point there, for example when you're in a concealed position and you don't want to apply force to return the bolt. It's better to have the cycle as smooth as possible, with no friction

The trigger pull is not hard at all
I mostly mean that a 90 degree trigger has a more crisp and predictable pull. I don't like shooting with 45 degree triggers for this reason.

Sure, the 45 will work, but why invest money in a flawed system when there is a better alternative? Especially since a 90 degree system will support any power level, not just M150's :)
Okay, I feel this conversation is kind of... Funny ;D

Lets sum it up:

For cheapest possible builds, just go for 45 degree sears, its cheaper than 90 degree anyway. But 45 degree will not wear anything down, and as I said, I had it for 8 years and still going strong, also for the cylinder... Enough strong and good enough for field legal, minimum cost builds.

From performance point of view, when spending more money and chasing the best possible build, 90 degree sure is better. It is much better design and is more durable, being capable of handling even the strongest springs and smoothing the bolt actions.

And about asp trigger, not everyone know how to make it more quiet (dont even dare to open the trigger unit)... Personally I wouldnt trade off my gun quietness. Choices, choices everywhere...

· Registered
155 Posts
Sigh, after spending the morning trying to get great air seal and I failed :(

I put 8mm heat shrink on cylinder head, and did dental floss and PTFE to bucking but it the piston still goes forward instantly
I would say start with the easiest which is the cylinder compression. What parts do you have installed?t When you get 100% seal in your cylinder, then try the hop up. If you dont have already, just get the action army hop up unit, it seals very well. In case you are going really on a budget, you could do antiblowby rings from brass tubing/similar. Thats gonna seal your hop up. Not sure about the diameter, probably its like 9mm, but dont make it too tight :)

Oh wait, in your earlier comment, you asked for advice how to reduce fps...? Sooo whats your goal :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.