Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post.

I am interested in buying a 2nd hand sniper rilfe for about £300, the rifle includes a bipod and 5 magazines. It shoots 450fps.

The internals are upgraded to laylax.

I have heard that the l96 hop up really struggle to lift heaver bb's, is this true for the tokyo marui L96. He had changed the bucking and the nub. He has a stock barrel.

Some questions for TM l96 owners:

How heavy is the gun? I heard 3.600kg, but everyone says it is very heavy.
Do I need to replace the hop-up unit? I want to lift .36g bb's.
Is it worth the money?
ANy proplems with the TM l96?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The Tokyo Marui is the best of the best in my opinion. It can be heavy but it is user preference. Stock TM hop ups are pretty good, but like all hop ups they will be replaced in time but for the first 1000 bb's it should hold up pretty good. It is deffently worth the money as your getting 1st class for some what cheap. As for problems I am not sure, some people say feeding, but that's with clones. Pretty much it is a great gun over all. If its all Laylax parts then it should be a good buy.

Edit; I thought you were meaning the maker itself. The TM L96 is decent but like what fuzzy had said the Maruzen is far better upgradable wise.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I for one love TM, but not a big fan of the TM l96 due to there being less available parts for it in comparison to the Maruzen l96 (Including the UTG l96 clone). I for one, love having lots of parts available as well as tons of guides and information regarding my rifle. In comparison to the Maruzen l96 and its clones, the TM l96 lacks these things.

However, that is not to say it is not possible to get the rifle upgraded to perform the same as the Maruzen l96. However, like I said, if you are digging the l96 look, go the Maruzen or UTG l96 route. If you plan on gutting it, the UTG l96 is a fine option. PSS96 parts are available often and the only thing you have to leave that is UTG is the stock and unless you give it a total overhaul, the receiver, outer barrel, mag catch, etc. That, and there are several hop ups and hop up arms available as well as a few mods to get your l96 carrying .43s with ease. I had mine shooting 375 fps carrying .4s out to 175 feet effectively (anything further required some compensation).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi there, I am a vsr 10 user, but have handled the L96. It is quite heavy compared to a vsr, my best guess would be about 9-10 lbs. Also you need to post an intro so we can learn a little bit about you!

Also, I think this thread needs to be put in others, we are not talking about Maruzen rifles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts