Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

over a month ago I purchased Tokyo Marui Glock 18c with Red Wolf Custom. The customization includes changing the slide, hop up, nozzle and steel spring guide.

Buy RWC Marui 18C (Metal Slide)-RedWolf Custom Guns & other Airsoft gun accessories at redwolfairsoft.com

Anyways, after the first game, I ran into problems with the pistol where BB can be shot but the blow back won't cycle, so, it's like having a spring pistol.

After disassembling the pistol, I found two broken bits (1 bit from the nozzle and the other is from the spring lock) and a bent nozzle spring as seen in the photo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ceoukip4i2k8bn6/IMG-20131030-WA0001.jpg

After researching a bit, turns out, it has something to do with PGC slide having different size than the original plastic slide. This image is taken from Why does my Marui Glock 18c keep killing itself? - Technical/Advice/Repair/Equipment - Tech Brigade Forums

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iw2x06n9d23zuhq/TMG18c PGC-Slide Difference.jpg

A friend of mine kindly described the effect of the difference in dimension in this picture
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qg65ztlj2hervau/IMG-20131030-WA0005.jpg

Since this seemed to be straight forward, I bought replacements parts and decided to try and fix it. Bought Guarder nozzle and AIP springs (I think this is 120% spring). I haven't bought the spring lock because the store I went to was out of stock.

After fumbling with the replacement parts, I found that even with the broken spring lock, I couldn't install the nozzle properly because the length of the spring + broken spring lock is too long. So I decided to leave the spring lock and just use the spring in there, but the nozzle becomes a bit loose. After test firing, the first shot is always weak, like in the first case where the bb travels but the blowback won't cycle. But afterwards, the pistol would work without glitch.

Question:
  • Is the nozzle spring supposed to be compressed for the blowback to cycle?
  • Can someone please point out where I can get a bit more details on how blow back works (preferably with pictures and videos)?
  • Any recommendation from other G18c users?

Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, I decided to tweak the pistol again. Tried adding the spring lock to compress the nozzle spring using the broken spring lock (shorter by about 5-6 mm, not sure). Helps with the first shots but it is still somewhat weak. After that, the pistol is cycling fine. :yay:

And then tried refilling the gas to full and tried shooting again. Now, the pistol won't cycle even after more than 5 shots. >:

Tried fiddling with the gun some more caused I just couldn't believe it was still broken, then somehow when I push the mag inside and hold it tightly with the handle, the pistol suddenly shoots properly. After more fiddling, I found a new tweak: while inserting the mag, I have to hold the mag-release catch button so that the mag can go in smoothly. If I do that, the pistol would just shoot normally. So, any idea how this happen and how to fix this? Something to do with the firing pin?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Most Airsoft Glocks have plastic mag releases. They wear out because the Airsoft mags are made from metal. Look in the mag well and see if the mag release is worn out. If you can find one of these, it should help.

Guarder Steel Magazine Catch for Marui / KJ GLOCK GBB

If this doesn't do the trick, you may want or get a stronger hammer spring.
false....the G18C come already with a reinforced mag-catch

·
Registered
152 Posts
Most Marui Glocks don't come with reinforced mag catches. I'm looking at my g17 right now. The mag catch is plastic.

If it's not the mag catch. All I can think of is the hammer spring. Maybe the hammer itself is worn or there is something wrong with the mag valve. Do you keep the valve lubed?

I was thinking about getting a pgc slide for my marui glock 17. After seeing your post, I'm keeping it stock. I'm really happy with the performance as it is and don't want to mess it up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, I havent disassemble the lower receiver just yet. Will double check on the hammer and mag catch later.

Initially I also thought about cleaning and lubing the valves, but that was before I found out about the nozzle breakage. So, I haven't done it again, but I'm pretty sure it's in good condition.

For one reason and another, it's really hard to get another glock mag here. So, I can't really do a comparison if the fault lies with the mag. Ideally I want to have at least 1 backup mag with me. I'll try with a friend's Marui Glock 17's mag next Sunday and see if my mag's broken.

Sent from my GT-N5100

·
Registered
152 Posts
I haven't looked much recently, but it seemed that Marui brand glock mags are hard to find everywhere.

Hopefully you don't have to disassemble the lower. You should be able to check for wear by just removing the slide. The hammer is the piece of metal that pokes into the mag well and pushes the mag valve. I doubt that it is the issue.

The mag release can be checked with by looking inside the mag well as well. I'm interested to know if the mag release is in fact reinforced with metal.

·
Registered
261 Posts
the mag catch is reinforced! I had 2 TM G18C with PGC slide. All lower reciever upgrades I done didn`t work out well (AIP or SD parts) The hammerspring is indeed a bitch -> during very hot day the spring is not strong enough to release the valve so the gun won`t fire.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ouch, it's constant 36-39 degrees Celcius over here. Could be the main reason why it would blowback properly after a couple of shots. So, should I try changing the hammer to metal? More mass, more momentum. But worry that it would damage the valve.

Truthfully, I really like g18c. Nice weight, loud, full auto seems to add that scare factor. I figured it should come in handy when I need to make an escape. I bought KJW KP-07 MEU for backup but it's just not the same (loud, pretty accurate, almost 2 lbs). In hindsight, I know should've looked for a less audible pistol so I can keep hiding.

Anyways, Red Wolf claims to use green gas with this gun, so I'm using CRC Green Gas with it. They say that steel slide needs that extra pressure. Is it worth trying with regular TM Gas? Less load for the hammer spring.

Sent from my GT-N5100

·
Registered
261 Posts
36-39degree??? ok then you have troubles with your hammer spring. on youtube there is a guide how to bend your hammer spring on your 18C. I had bad experience with 17 hammerspring install into 18c.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the tip sharingan.

Just an update: havent managed to find time to get to bend the hammer spring. Only seen it in 1 youtube though, not much description or instruction. Decided to try shooting it first today. Only first shot was weak, but the gun work flawlessly afterwards. And still shoots better than my KJW MEU (brought pistols only in today's game). Next week's going to be a bit busy for me with my primary finally arriving along with a couple of sets of r-hops. Will definitely try the bending the hammer spring mod.

Sent from my GT-N5100

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally had time to do the work. Since my g18 is from RedWolf Custom, the hammer spring has been changed to 150%. So, try as I might, but I just couldn't bend the spring like in youtube.

I could probably only get 1%, but that alone already made a difference. Not only was trigger mechanism felt harder to be cocked, even sliding the slide is harder. It does seem to fix the weak blowback malfunction. I'm gonna try to get heavier set of equipments to work with it next time around.

Sent from my GT-N5100

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to update:

I finally managed to get the spring to bent as shown in the picture (youtube). Turns out it just needs a whole lot more brute force to get it bent.

With that, I tried fielding the gun a couple of times and can say that they work 100% even in temperatures of up to 37 degrees Celcius.

Thanks for all the help.

Note: A friend of mine who have TM Glock 17 who had just installed PGC metal slide is apparently having the same problem. So, I'm going to try to ask him to do the same mod and see how it does.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.