Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't going to move it to the gallery because I haven't tweaked out all the bugs and mods yet.
When I get everything setup I will post a good review or sticky worthy post on it.

Here is a little update from the weekend. It makes me wonder with the upgrades, what is this gun going to do?

Along with breaking in my ghillie this weekend. I ended up getting to target shoot with the M14.

w/ .30's
wind from right to left @ 5-7 knots

@ 175ft I was about 2 for 5 on body shoots
@ 50 ft I was 5 for 5 (but the spread was about 1 ft)

Needless to say I am bit disapointed with the shoots @175ft.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone have a link on where to find Sorbothane Pads that will work with?

Piston Head: Prometheus Neo POM Piston Head w/ O-ring
Cylinder Head: Prometheus Cylinder Head V7

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cheese Man said:
On ASM someone is selling laser-cut ones for cheap.
His username is Scatterplot. He can be found on ASF (airsoft forum) also. I had a custom order of sorbo pads from him just about a week ago. And he did not have the measurements for the V7 cylinder head. I ordered him a V7 so he now has the measurements and everything for it. The cylinder head I got was the Prometheus aero cylinder head (red one) which is slightly different than other V7s (I think) because it is tapered off. Not sure if all V7s are like that or not. But anywho, I believe it's $3 plus shipped per sorbo pad. And they are of good quality
hope this helps!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also I am in the process of getting a real wood stock from Vietnam era. This paint job is for when I am playing as a sniper. Heck most of the paint job would be wrapped up anyways.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I opened her up last night and found a couple of issues that I have to fix.

1. the Tappet Plate broke (have to get a new one) I am thinking Guarder
2. The Bushings did not take very well in the GB, So I am going to order some new ones.
3. And while I am at it I am going to put a new air nozzel on it.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
AHP said:
I opened her up last night and found a couple of issues that I have to fix.

1. the Tappet Plate broke (have to get a new one) I am thinking Guarder
2. The Bushings did not take very well in the GB, So I am going to order some new ones.
3. And while I am at it I am going to put a new air nozzel on it.
Make sure the nozzle is a good combo with the gun. AKA research it 'cause I spent a tenner o one only to find out it is dropping my consistency by like 10FPS!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, I am back... Sorry I had to go overseas to work on a project for my company.

A little update.
I tried to put the GB back together last weekend and found out that the motor (Element Ultra Torque) could not even turn the gears with a 150 spring in it. So I have ordered a G&P 140 High Torque and will put that in about 2-3 weeks from now.

Sorry I dropped off the map.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Might sound a bit stupid and too simple but have you tested that the wheels inside the mech box turn smoothly before screwing the motor into place? There might be some parts colliding on each other that prevent the gun from operating regardles the strength of the motor. Hope this helped.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.