Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

Sorry yall I've been absent lately, a bad habit =P, but here I am once again!

Since I didn't find a thing related to the words Mp7A or Mp7A1 (Due to minimum of 4 characters in search.) I decided to do a topic about this wonderful back up AEP.

So... I've owned one for a year now and I've upgraded basically everything inside it, but I really don't what to do about the battery. I've got this battery holder for a larger battery and I've used a larger custom made battery (made by a electrician friend of mine) but it is shot out in like 7-10 minutes with non-stop fire... I think it could be compared into 8,4V and 1000-1500 mah battery, one would think it should last longer or sth?

·
Registered
51 Posts
.....you're holding down the trigger nonstop for 10 minutes? It's bad enough for most guns to do that for 10 *seconds*.... Please note that MP7's are generally not considered SAWs...

First off..besides that 'don't hold the trigger down for 10 minutes if you want a working gun' thing, what is the voltage and rated mah of the battery...exactly? Stock, this gun comes with a 7.2v 500-700mAh battery if I remember correctly. I don't know the gun's RPS, but stock lets say it can do full auto at a very low guess of 7 rounds a second. If you're holding down the trigger nonstop for 10 minutes, that's 4,200 rounds, meaning you'd likely need a 2000mah large battery minimum to run the gun. At 7 minutes holding down the trigger, that,s 2,940 rounds, which is at the extreme upper limit of what I would expect of a small 1500-1700mah battery. Most guns can also do a lot more than 7 rounds a second, many can probably do 10-15 RPS.

Under anyone else's normal use, that battery would likely last for a full 3 day weekend's skirmishing as a sidearm with battery power to spare. Of course, I'd expect that gun to have little compression due to all that dry firing and likely cracked, chipped, or broken parts inside.

Average large batteries are capable of doing about 2 shots per 1 mah, possibly more depending on the battery, gun, and lots of other factors. Small batteries seem to max out at around 1-2 shots per mah, again depending on many factors. In terms of real world use, I've had fine luck with batteries down to 600mah in a primary gun lasting me a few matches....

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, that was very usefull post. And I do have a brain. xD So I... Gee... I really said non-stop. =D Let's say I rather fired it frequently rather tha nnon stop. It still works perfectly so I think there's no harm done...

MOD:
I am a one battery for whole day/scenario - type guy. =P

MOD2:
Plus winter is comming, season when batteries loose strength already due to cold weather...

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Wandall said:
Ok, that was very usefull post. And I do have a brain. xD So I... Gee... I really said non-stop. =D Let's say I rather fired it frequently rather tha nnon stop. It still works perfectly so I think there's no harm done...

MOD:
I am a one battery for whole day/scenario - type guy. =P

MOD2:
Plus winter is comming, season when batteries loose strength already due to cold weather...
An MP7 isn't going to do you much good in the winter. The bucking will freeze, and due to the relatively low power of the gun, the BBs are going to make it about 4-5 meters maximum (speaking for experience on this one.) Also, like Malice said, you can expect roughly 1.5-2 BBs per every mAh the battery has, depending on upgrades, weather, and various other factors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry, i took "in like 7-10 minutes with non-stop fire" as holding down the trigger for 7-10 minutes, without stopping. Silly me ;)

Anyway, as long as the battery works for you, then I wouldn't worry about it. As a sidearm, I would imagine you'd only need to fire a few hundred shots with it in a day at the maximum anyway - in games where I need to use a sidearm (when I'm too close to use a hot gun on someone), I doubt I even go through 100 rounds in most of my sidearms, and that's with suppressive firing.

Something I was going to bring up in the first post, but then decided against, was mentioning discharge rate of the battery. Some batteries, especially RC car batteries, are only rated to about a 5 amp discharge, while airsoft batteries are designed for 20-30+ amp discharges. RC car batteries will work for single shots on some mildly upgraded or stock guns, but will not be able to keep up with the demand of a gun at full auto. Not sure what batteries your electician used, but if the gun loses power after long bursts, and gets power back gradually, this might be an issue.

As for cold weather batteries, Ni-CD or Ni-Cad batteries hold their charges the best in cold weather. I would still keep a spare in an inner pocket to keep it warm. Ni-MH batteries are great for summer, but do die off a lot sooner in cold. No clue where lithum batteries stand in cold weather as I do not trust them yet. Large batteries will also be superior in cold weather, though I have no clue where you'll attach that battery to the gun and have it fit into any holster....

Sorry if I came off as an ass before, have seen one too many kids using a 400fps mp5 with a grenade launcher, drum mag, and hunting scope attached, acting as a support gunner. And yes, once qualifies as 'too many.'

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, that explains malice. but to be honest I can say this: "My gun, was it then a sniper, support or assault rifle, pistol, sub-machine gun or God knows what, I'm still a scout/sniper." =D I just want my back up to have that much strength, power and durability that I may use it as my primary in some games, since some times I feel that I just have to go sprint along the game area, equipped with some light AEG/P. You know what I mean? =)

MOD:
My electrician knows how to build working airsoft batteries. =D And he stated that my batterie is 8.3-4 Volts and 1500-1700 Mah.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.