Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

TM VSR 10 Disassembly/Assembly Guide

20K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Dead Ace Shot 
I think they said that because a lot of greases contain petroleum. White lithium has been long regaurded as the go-to grease on this forum because it works on o-rings and metal to metal parts, and if you get the right stuff doesn't contain petroleum. I use it and it gets me a 100% perfect air seal in my cylinder where silicone gets me a little less than perfect.

Sorry to hijack your thread a little fuzz. What I do Air is I take a long allen wrench (hex key) and put the shorter end in the hole. I then use the other end like a lever against the nozzle to turn it open and tighten it when closing. Before I used this method I also used pliers and I shredded the outside of the nozzle a little bit. I just sanded it back down to a dull shine and it doesn't affect performance at all.

I have white lithium with some petroleum oil in it because the amazon page I got it from didn't say anything about petroleum. Anyway, I did a little less than extensive 1 month test with it on an o-ring and an old stock bar10 bucking. No breakdown either. I don't know it it is just so well contained in the white lithium or if my o-rings and buckings are just industrial strength or something, but I still use it without a problem after a 2-3 months.

As for the allen wrench being too small, as long as it fits in the hole and you can use it as a lever, it doesn't matter how small it is. Didn't your gun come with a good sized allen wrench for your rail screws or scope ring screws (if it came with the scope)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.