Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

TM VSR 10 Disassembly/Assembly Guide

20K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Dead Ace Shot 
#1 ·
Here is part one to disassembling your VSR 10, see part two for hop up (see below).

I know Jack Buendgen wanted a vid up on how to take down the hop up unit, and made a vid on how to take down your VSR 10 and get to all the bits and pieces including the shim mods that I added for increased performance. Hope you like the vids.

Part three for assembly will be added soon.

#5 ·
IMO, the detailed - the better. People can always skip the unwanted parts themselves.

Got a game in 5hours =)

In your video you're using white lithium grease, would http://www.gt85.co.uk/ work as a substitute? I've been recommended to use that over grease on a VSR, exact words being "Don't grease anything on a VSR, use a few drops of gun oil or a squirt of silicone".

#16 ·
I must say, the only place i use grease i in the gears in a AEG.

In my sidearms & gbb rifles & Snipers i ONLY use PTFE teflon spray.
Only the best in my guns :)
(No silicone, when it dries out it gets sticky)
Kinda suprises me that so few of you others use it...

#6 ·
I think they said that because a lot of greases contain petroleum. White lithium has been long regaurded as the go-to grease on this forum because it works on o-rings and metal to metal parts, and if you get the right stuff doesn't contain petroleum. I use it and it gets me a 100% perfect air seal in my cylinder where silicone gets me a little less than perfect.

#7 ·
Thankyou, and god damn it. The cylinder head I have has only one hole in it, my plyers are too fat to even fit one end inside the hole and if you do it the old fashion way(grip that rod type of thing on cylinder head, it won't budge), kind of afraid to apply more force incase it gets damaged somehow. =(

#8 ·
Sorry to hijack your thread a little fuzz. What I do Air is I take a long allen wrench (hex key) and put the shorter end in the hole. I then use the other end like a lever against the nozzle to turn it open and tighten it when closing. Before I used this method I also used pliers and I shredded the outside of the nozzle a little bit. I just sanded it back down to a dull shine and it doesn't affect performance at all.

#10 ·
No problem at all fellas. It's all useful info ;)

And in regards to the white grease, a lot of people are still hesitant to even use the stuff. I would consider it still new to the application of BASR's simply because I still have seen threads with people stating white grease wears down o-rings, yet I did an extensive 6 month test where the o-ring was covered in grease, and no break down occurred. It is safe to use, and has been my grease for over 4-5 years now.

#11 ·
I have white lithium with some petroleum oil in it because the amazon page I got it from didn't say anything about petroleum. Anyway, I did a little less than extensive 1 month test with it on an o-ring and an old stock bar10 bucking. No breakdown either. I don't know it it is just so well contained in the white lithium or if my o-rings and buckings are just industrial strength or something, but I still use it without a problem after a 2-3 months.

As for the allen wrench being too small, as long as it fits in the hole and you can use it as a lever, it doesn't matter how small it is. Didn't your gun come with a good sized allen wrench for your rail screws or scope ring screws (if it came with the scope)

#15 ·

This is part three of a three part video section on the TM VSR 10 and its clones that accept and are designed with PSS10 parts. Sorry for getting this up late, meant to upload this last week in correlation with the disassembly portions.

See the first two videos for disassembly of the rifle. In this video, you will see the reassembly of everything including the semi complicated portion relating to the hop up (if this is one of your first times dealing with such).

#17 ·
Questions about the hopup:

Firefly soft goes for 550 fps?

Anyone know a place to buy Danger Werx CNC Aluminum VSR 10 / BAR 10 High Engagement Hop Up Lever ( Type-A ) for europe?

#18 ·
Hybel, the only place I know that sells the danger arm as of now is airsoftgi. Can you not order from there? I know you are in Europe, but the arm is worth it.

And I use soft buckings in all my rifles shooting under and up to 500 fps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.