Hey there, I'm buying a Tokio Marui VSR G-Spec sniper and I'm ordering this:

VSR G-Spec TM
Laylax Cylinder Head
Laylax Spring Guide
Nineball Air Seal Chamber
PDI Barrel Spacer
Laylax SP110 spring
Laylax 303mm 6.03 inner

When I save up a little more I'm buying a zero trigger, thats why I'm not ordering sears nor piston.

Now, a few things:

1) As you can see I'm ordering a 110 spring because I read that is the strongest spring you can put without upgrades, but I am actually making a few upgrades, so which is the strongest spring that I can put with the upgrades I am ordering?

2) A friend told me that I could order a longer inner barrel and keep the silencer always in the gun, but in that case I would lose the silencer effect, am I right? in that case, which inner can I put? a 430mm? also, I was thinking that I could put a longer inner but up to half the silencer so I keep the silencer effect, has anybody tried this? which inner lenght do I need to do that? can I order other inner barrel rather than the ones that say that are made for TM VSR?

3)do you recomend other brands of the things I am ordering?

4) also, I'm not sure about the nineball air seal chamber. I have read that the nineball is good but there's the firefly too. Also, the nineball doesnt say how hard it is while the firefly comes in soft and hard options, which one would you recomend?

Thank you in advance to everyone.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well a few things before someone answers this, you need to make a intro post so we can get to know you better, here is were you can do it at

1. Seeing as the trigger box is plastic it will snap fer fast with any thing higher then the stock spring.

2. As long as its a vsr cut it should be fine, but wait for someone else to confirm this.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Please make an intro post, in this section

A quick google led me to this:
"NOTE: AEG Barrels will not work with VSR Series guns unless you install a special adaptor into your VSR."
This is taken from Trinityairsoft.com

This is a link to the adaptor they refer to:
http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-340-vsr-to-aeg-barrel-conversion-system.aspx

Hope this answers some of your questions.

You beat me 2 minutes Hidden, just cause I googled the barrel!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Soft buckings is for lower fps rifles, while hard buckings are for rifles that shoot 500+.
Some people still use soft buckings with 500+, but to each their own.
It would depend on fps or which you like most.

·
Registered
25 Posts
2. You can put a longer barrel through the silencer, and I believe that it was stated by noobie on ASR that that a 503mm fairly close to how much volume you want for a stock cylinder. A 503mm would go through the entire silencer and be at the very end. Many people have put barrel through their silencers, and yes to get what you want a 430mm would work quite well. As for a barrel type, like pvt13 said you can use AEG but I would just go for the VSR cut barrels for less of a hassle and no cost of a hop up adapter.

3. Laylax is regarded as a slightly lower end aftermarket upgrade brand, but their parts are still fairly good. Personally I would go for polar star of PDI cylinder head and spring guide. For the barrel I haven't read much about laylax but edGI's barrels are pretty good and many people have reported good results with madbull barrels. Of course you also have PDI but those are a bit spendy.

4. I've heard better things about nineball airseals than fireflies but I'm no expert by any means.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
M.O.S.T. said:
3. Laylax is regarded as a slightly lower end aftermarket upgrade brand, but their parts are still fairly good.
Untrue. Laylax/First Factory have been the bench marks of top quality bolt action parts. PDI and Guarder are both inferior clones of the Laylax/FF parts.

Also for the barrel, it has been a long standing fact with the VSR line that the optimal barrel, is I believe a 430mm barrel. I can't find my sources, but any longer than that and tests by multiple people from multiple countries have proven that both velocity and accuracy suffer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great, then I'll go for the laylax upgrades and the 430mm barrel. The problem is that I cant find the PDI 6.05 430mm barrel which I heard is the best one for VSR. I could only found it at x-fire and its quite expensive there, and there are no other sites that have that one and send to argentina where I live.. any other VSR barrels that you recomend and can be found in sites like uncompany.com, ehobbyasia.com or rsov.com?

thanks to everyone for your replies!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Laylax vs. PDI.... There is a specific thread for that; look there for any further information. Quick summary though: PDI barrels are better having lower tolerances, PDI has better hopup units, PDI makes their parts out of superior matterials(except triggers), and only cloned the trigger unit, all their other parts have their own designs and ingenuity put into them. Laylax makes a better trigger unit for sure, and they just work; the parts they make have designs that simply perform.. I don't know what exactly they do but everything works so perfectly together giving incredible performance. I love both brands. (note: one thing for all to keep in mind is that PDI has been getting better and better over the years; I would have said they are pretty much crap a couple years ago)

Check redwolfairsoft.com for your barrel, x-fire.org probably has some of the lowest prices you will find though, just remember to convert yen to dollars(or whatever currency is being used)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.