Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That's why I made it ;)

I also have my first airsoft gun I ever got, A 30$ spring Well M-16. It has the simplest system you can imagine. In fact, I think nerf guns are more advanced than this. It has a fixed hopup that I plan on trying to TDC eventually. At the moment I get about 30 yards of range with it shooting at about 250~300 fps. The only metal parts are the inner barrel, springs, and screws. It will be interesting to see what it does to the most simple gun imaginable. Plus other mods.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Just got some tools needed. Lowes doesn't have screw taps. So when I get a tap... yay! Now my bbs are curving out left( after 150 feet or so). Combined with a tbb I think I could effectively hit 250 ft shots with ease.( I can watch my bb travel out around 440 ft before I "lose" it) Thanks juggler. Can't wait to finish.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks. I got my tap at home depot so unless you already ordered online I would try there.

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thanks I'll have to try there next... I used the size screw you were recommended, but it has thumb pieces for easy adjustment... krew you should spray paint your lens hider thing... It's almost as bad as uncovered I think...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks I'll have to try there next... I used the size screw you were recommended, but it has thumb pieces for easy adjustment... krew you should spray paint your lens hider thing... It's almost as bad as uncovered I think...
His lens piece is painted.

Anywho, Like I said in the thing, I needed to cut it down because the thumb piece was too bulky. You can use any size really, That's just the one that I used because I was told it worked so I didn't want to screw around with screw sizes LOL. I happened to have that specific size on hand and I had no taps in the first place so I just went with it.

I would have gotten a hex head screw but I didn't feel like buying more screws so i just went with the stuff I had on hand.

·
Registered
239 Posts

I painted it with a patterns and different colors, it's better then a solid color that will stick out in the field. In one game I played I shot another sniper with his gillie suite, because I saw a black hole in the brush. I aimed at the spot and hit him in the head, if it was not for that he wouldn't of seen him and got shot by him.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ycamim

·
Registered
714 Posts
I painted it with a patterns and different colors,

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ycamim
Oh. Sorry it just looked shiny. I ended up having to go to harbor frieght as home depot didn't have the tap in the size I wanted. So yay. I will begin tomorrow, I'm tired as hell and need to take care of my 1 week old son(I can't wait to teach him airsoft in a few years). If I have any questions I will make sure to ask, and thank you so much for this guide and the help juggler ...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
just added in a write up by Woogie about how to use an scope dial instead of a screw as the adjuster.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I am about 25% through a video tutorial on how to do it to. So far I've only done introduction, ending and removing the plastic slider piece. I cannot do anything else yet because I don't have an outer barrel! I'll post it as soon as it's done though.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
What do you mean by removing the plastic hop arm? Do you mean the slider piece? The arm that presses down on the bucking should stay in there.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You need to remove the hop up metal adjustment lever and the plastic adjustment slider that has a small arm.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I'm also going to be using a scope dial for an adjuster because it really is a great idea. I'll see if I can get some pics of it to add to the write up Woogie did. Should have it done in a few days. I just have to get some jb-weld from homedepot and widen the hole I made to accept the pin that will push on the arm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anybody tried this mod on a MB-06/Echo1 ASR.

I like the idea of having a more easily adjustable hop instead of fiddling with an allen key in a tiny hole on the bottom side of the rifle like I have to do now.

But besides that are there anymore advantages with this mod with my particular rifle. I'm quite keen to try this out either way.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I'm sure someone has done it to that specific rifle but as long as you can access the hopup arm through a hole you drill in the outer barrel you're good to go.

21 - 40 of 294 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.