Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there guys.
I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of any reliable out of the box DIY mods for the L96 AWS. I searched it in all topics but found nothing concrete.

I feel like at the stock fps no one will feel hits, unless they hear them (usually ignore heard shots). Otherwise it will be 2-3 months before I get zero trigger (or equivalent) for a hotter spring, after hop up/TB of course. Thank you for any mods you could provide.

Split

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hi, I can't think of any DIY mods specificly for the L96 series.

But...there are DIY mods that apply to all airsoft sniper rifles such as:

Homemade full-length barrel spacer to reduce vibration.
Air brake cut modification to increas FPS.
Filling every bit of space with expandable foam or equivalent to reduce vibration.

Hope I helped.

·
Registered
824 Posts
To Milo it sounds like your talking alot about the bar10. Ok for l96. You want to unless it doesn`t have it yet do...
Dremel to the cyclinder head.
Teflon tape every living thing living.
Do barrel spacers.
Foam the stock.
Do spring guide spacers don`t know if this works in TM but I know it works in utgs.
Anything I missed somebody along the line of grass or fuzzy will come theres also a great thread you can read.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yeah I am speaking from BAR10 knowledge, but don't those mods apply to most spring sniper rifles?

You just want to do everything you can to eliminate vibrations, it makes a more stable and a quieter shot!

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
You will want a new trigger unit before you do any power upgrades, you are correct. However, removing the cylinder head and polishing that will help, as will teflon-taping, etc. However, I do not believe the cylinder is open-able without drilling. If that is the case, I would simply buy a zero or v-trigger and then go from there, as usual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.