Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my VSR for a long while now, and haven't had many problems. Today I took it out to zero in my new scope. When i pulled the bolt back the spring cocked back, but when I pulled the trigger it would not release. The trigger pulls no problem, but the spring wont release. I was thinking it was the trigger sear might be bad. I am running a laylax 170 spring. I have a metal trigger box with heat treated sears. The trigger has worked with no problems till today. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Have you tried taking apart the trigger unit to find the problem? You could have damaged the trigger sear or a spring may have simply popped out of place, stopping the trigger from engaging with the sear.
Are you using the stock sears with that 170sp spring!?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I am not using stock sears I am using hardened heat treated sears. I broke the gun down and looked at the sears. They look good. I am going to proceed to take apart the trigger box and look at the springs. I think it is time to invest in a laylax zero trigger.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I took the trigger box apart and all springs and everything is functioning properly. I put everything back together and when I pulled the trigger the spring still is stuck cocked back. I'm not sure what else it could be.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Are you sure everything is clean and lubed up? I can only think of two reasons this could happen; either the o-ring to the piston isn't lubed and it is getting stuck in the cylinder only when under pressure (unlikely) or the part that has to slip past the trigger to let the sears go has gotten stuck and won't let the sear down.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe that the sear is getting stuck and is unable to go down. I have tried a couple of fixes, but no luck. How would I go about fixing the problem if the sear is getting stuck and unable to go down?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Take the trigger off but don't open it up. Push down on the long sear (the one that holds the smaller ones in place) and try pulling the trigger. The harder you push the harder it should get to pull the trigger. If the sears don't go down then the problem is with the trigger. if you can pull the trigger back and push the sears up and down without much force, then the problem is with the cylinder and/or internals.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Having the same problem. Angel custom sears and piston in an otherwise stock JG Gspec. Had to shave down the Derlin rings on the piston to fit it in the cylinder, but otherwise no alterations. Piston travelled smoothly in the cylinder, cocked nicely, but after returning the bolt home I am unable to fire. The trigger pulls but there is no response.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yep, not overscrewing, tried mounting the trigger box everywhere from supertight to dead loose and nothing works. The sear plate wont decend to release the piston. Ive taken it apart multiple times, cleaned it, greased it, you name it. When apart, the sear plate drops under pressure like it is supposed to when the trigger is pulled, but when mounted the trugger pull is really short even with the adjustment screws way out, aNd the sear plate wont release the piston. Cant figure it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.