Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get a Russian inspired loadout and I cant seem to put my eyes off the AIM top gas blowback SVD, even though the mags haven't been in stock for the longest time and they're quite expensive. Another SVD that seemed promising was the electric A&K. But the only problem is that literally no one shows its max range potential out of the box and I cant seem to find anyone talking about the upgrades. ether way both of the SVDs seem to not exist ad far as I can tell so if anyone has any info on ether of those two (preferably the electric A&K) that would be great.

·
Super Moderator
4,126 Posts
Don't know much about the AIM, but the A&K is a bit garbage. While internals use standard v2/3 gears and some parts, its more closely based to the Classic Army design. Which has issues with the hopup and magazine lockup.

The better svd is the Real Sword or one of its clones. Way better hopup unit, gears are proprietary, but easy to source.

The CYMA would be a good choice at $240.

Reactions: Wolfgeorge

·
Registered
453 Posts
Real Sword released theirs more than a decade ago and it’s still the best by a long way. They’ve also been out of production for many years at this point too. If you can find one, it’s easily the best option. Cyma is a direct clone of the RS, however the build quality won’t be anywhere near as good as the RS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks! I don't know if I have the budget to afford a Real sword but if the cyma seems to be as increadible as you say next to the reals word for a decent price it seems like I don't have much other options Lol.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
DON'T buy the AIM SVD, it's one of the worst GBBRs ever. Short stroked, painfully inaccurate, mild recoil, awful build construction, and good luck trying to find any spares when you need them... and believe me, you will.

If you want a GBBR SVD, go with WE's instead. It's a beast. Incredibly reliable, nothing ever breaks, kicks like a mule, and it's ridiculously accurate. No need for any upgrades, but if you really want you can toss in a tightbore barrel and a Maple Leaf bucking, or go all-in and put a TNT WEPSTAS hop chamber (nothing wrong with the OEM chamber, it's a great design, but alluminum CNC simply has other flavor). Use it with dry gas and manually lube the seal between the nozzle and bolt carrier once a month, and it will serve you well.

It's been my primary gun for years and I recommend it 100%. I regularly hit at 80 meters, and my longest confirmed hit was at 105 meters, which is totally ridiculous.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DAMN! I looked into it and the mags seem a little bit out of my budget but I just found out about the king arms SVD. is there anything good or bad out of it cause it seems to be not to shabby. At least that's what the five star review seems to tell me.

·
Super Moderator
4,126 Posts
The king arms is decent, but the cyma i linked would be better. The major weakness with the king arms is the plastic hopup unit is painfully easy to break. (If I am remembering right.) And no upgraded unit.

The cyma is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
If you're on a budget, CYMA all the way. Great build quality and outstanding performance.

btw, better go SVD-S, it's far more common on the Russian Army than the older SVD, plus the slightly shorter barrel and folding stock makes a huge difference when it comes to commuting. I have to disassemble my freaking gun just to make it fit in the car. Not fun.

·
Registered
638 Posts
DON'T buy the AIM SVD, it's one of the worst GBBRs ever. Short stroked, painfully inaccurate, mild recoil, awful build construction, and good luck trying to find any spares when you need them... and believe me, you will.

If you want a GBBR SVD, go with WE's instead. It's a beast. Incredibly reliable, nothing ever breaks, kicks like a mule, and it's ridiculously accurate. No need for any upgrades, but if you really want you can toss in a tightbore barrel and a Maple Leaf bucking, or go all-in and put a TNT WEPSTAS hop chamber (nothing wrong with the OEM chamber, it's a great design, but alluminum CNC simply has other flavor). Use it with dry gas and manually lube the seal between the nozzle and bolt carrier once a month, and it will serve you well.

It's been my primary gun for years and I recommend it 100%. I regularly hit at 80 meters, and my longest confirmed hit was at 105 meters, which is totally ridiculous.
I wonder is it will be better when tapping HPA ?

·
Registered
298 Posts
A buddy of mine has the AIM. Not too accurate and has all sorts of reliability issues. It has never work on semi-auto and he has to cycle it manually. I have the King Arms SVD AEG and I do really like it. The plastic hop-up unit is not the sturdiest as Plaz said so the CYMA is probably the better option.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think Dimitri is perhaps the chap who posts regularly in the WE SVD owners club on Facebook - he certainly knows his SVDs. Is the problem with the magazines requiring shimming still a thing? I lucked out and got 3 for £20 each, then sold the whole thing to a collector, but for the best SVD experience, WE are fab.

If you do go electric, Cyma isn't a poor man's clone of the RS. Whilst it isn't quite as rugged, with a little bit of tuning it is a fabulous DMR base. You may need to shim parts of the hop (there's a guide on YouTube) for optimum consistency.....once a friend of mine had finished with his, it was an absolute beast.

·
Super Moderator
4,126 Posts
Whilst I think about it - you could go LCT........but they are seriously expensive.
LCT has yet to release it. I have only seen it for pre order on WGCShop. I wouldn't even get one. About $1K is the asking price. Not worth it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
LCT has yet to release it. I have only seen it for pre order on WGCShop. I wouldn't even get one. About $1K is the asking price. Not worth it.
It is VERY expensive, I agree. Local shop purportedly had 3 in but.........

Did I mention it's very expensive? If I had £1k on the hip I'd consider it as I am an SVD nut but otherwise, no way. I'd go Cyma every day!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts