Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m thinking about getting travel case (airline travel). Clearly airsoft replicas aren’t firearms, but as far as I’ve been told, it’s just easier to go that route than to explain to the airline what airsoft is and risk confiscation.

For AEGs, this doesn’t seem like much of an issue. However for BASR, this seems very problematic (mine is 43 inches long). I don’t want to pay the oversize check bag fees (unless that’s something we just naturally eat but I don't realize it?). Given how the checked bag dimension for most airlines are 62 linear total inches, which case do people use? I can’t seem to locate any case that fits the bill.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I'm looking to purchase THIS ONE when I have the money to buy a legit case, but for now I have a super retro hella sketchy one somebody gave me when I was probably 10.
It's 51X13 btw, enough to hold my 40 inch M4, my VSR, my sidearm, and whatever mags, speedloaders, snacks, and whatever else I need to put in it.
Definitely not airline rated but I'm not quite ready to fly with my stuff.
Wood Publication Book Rectangle Art

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did consider taking the stock off like you have there as a means to fit it in a 36 inch case, much rather not of course

To fit a 43in length, I'm guessing it would be like a 5in height and 10in width so that the exterior dimensions fall under the 62 total. Never seen anything that oddly shaped before.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I just have it off because I'm not gonna use it for that barrel, I'm making another stock that takes M14 mags and looks cooler.
The gun with that stock is a whopping 50.5 inches tho, so I can barely get it in the case.

Never hearing about linear measurement, I looked it up, it's just length, so all that other stuff shouldn't matter really.
I'd go for at least a couple inches longer than the gun, or more, as you may as well store other stuff in there.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I remember being pretty dang worried when I flew with my rifle for the first time. I broke it down onto two or three parts and just stuffed it in the bag with my clothes. I remember asking the airline employee if there would be an issue and if I had to even declare it, she took me back to the security that checks that bags, and I heard it straight from their mouths. It's no big deal, you don't need to even declare it. Obviously a gun case is a lot better, but you can even do the most ghetto of setups and be fine with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts