Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m thinking about getting travel case (airline travel). Clearly airsoft replicas aren’t firearms, but as far as I’ve been told, it’s just easier to go that route than to explain to the airline what airsoft is and risk confiscation.

For AEGs, this doesn’t seem like much of an issue. However for BASR, this seems very problematic (mine is 43 inches long). I don’t want to pay the oversize check bag fees (unless that’s something we just naturally eat but I don't realize it?). Given how the checked bag dimension for most airlines are 62 linear total inches, which case do people use? I can’t seem to locate any case that fits the bill.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did consider taking the stock off like you have there as a means to fit it in a 36 inch case, much rather not of course

To fit a 43in length, I'm guessing it would be like a 5in height and 10in width so that the exterior dimensions fall under the 62 total. Never seen anything that oddly shaped before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.