Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my SD700. I just changed from an older style Vietnam era paint job to this. Note that the flash on my camera is pretty strong so I will have to take a picture with out the flash next time I am at the field.

Its much darker in real life and more earth tone

This is pretty much stock. I cleaned the internals,
took off the front rail and just used the swivel to mount the Rock Pivot Bi-pod (I get these cheaper then the knock off brands) The scope is an M1 3.9-9 x 40mm Red and Green illumination with the massive sunshade (also known as the baseball bat)

Shoots 435fps on the nose with hardly and movement up or down.
Very accurate as well. I can hit out to about 250 feet if i judge the flight time of the bb correctly and low winds (rarely happens unless I get people stuck in a cqb building on our field and sit 250 feet back picking them off at the window)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing I think is funny with this paint job and with the sunshade on it looks like a shorter rifle but its actually got a longer outer barrel then a vsr10 pro.

The other cool thing is that the gun almost feels as textured as it looks. I used very fine misting of colors. The base color is tan which was then misted with OD Green to darken it to the point it looks like warn and dirty cement blocks. Then a light misting of brown to get that earth tone. Then to ghost I held the spray can to where I was just misting and quickly moved in a few inches and stopped as it got darker. Kinda reminds me of the bf2 m24 just no burlap

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I really like how it turned out...Has a nice texture because theres a lot misting and a lot of small droplets. Also for anyone trying this type of paint job do extra misting some will actually rub off kinda like it was sand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.