Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like this gun, first airsoft sniper rifle, quality feels great. It came with a 4x30 scope, 2 mags, carry strap, and 1000 of the .25g TSD BBs. I can't seem to get it dialed in though and do not know what the issue is. I have disassembled it, cleaned off the exiting grease and regreased in a few areas. Soaked the hop up bucking in some warm soapy water for a little bit then washed it back off real good. It still shoots some pretty bad groupings. maybe 5 out of 10 shots will hit a 1 foot by 1 foot target from between 50-75 feet away. Playing around with the hop-up doesn't help much either. the Other 5 shots that don't hit the target usually fly way off to the right or to the left, and sometimes they shoot way low of the target. What are some issues I should look for that may be causing this problem. They will usually shoot out fairly straight for 25-30 feet, then start to arc off target. Should I get some heavier BBs?

·
Registered
362 Posts
The way I look at it there are several of options to do.

1. Buy a new bucking and barrel.
2. Get a new gun
3. Sell it
4. Check to see if the bucking twisted inside the chamber. Barrels do this too sometimes.
5. Have an experienced player look at it
6. Or find a trade. Such as a Bar-10, SG r700, utg l96, etc.

Also what kind of soap did you soak it in?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yes, try some heavier bb's, but I would also try and check with other TSD SD700 users and see if it's common to have bad accuracy or if your's is just a one-off.

·
Administrator
6,261 Posts
Since you're new... I'd say that I agree with the heavy and better bbs but and a simple disassemply and reassembly might help.
I did that to my CA M24 and it did wonders!!
The outer barrel was not aligned properly and the orings of the piston were ripped!!

Wolf

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a problem with my sd702 (similar gun) and I just went inside it, cleaned it up, re-installed it and it was fine. I might add that now I have the internals from a tm precision chamber in it and it's even better. I think it's just that the gun needs some mods and tweaks to it before it shoots considerably good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the tips guys! I finally got around to picking up some heavier weight BBs from the local airsoft store, they are KSC .30g BBs. The gun shoots ALOT better with these. Was shooting a potato chip bag consistently from about 100-125 ft away. I think next up for this gun is some etape barrel spacers, a different hop-up bucking, and some silicon spray in the barrel.

On a side note, Parafrog in Knoxville is a pretty cool airsoft store.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tried some e-tape spacers. Accuracy went to hell with them. Seemed to make the BB clip the orange tip as it flew out, causing it to fly in random directions off target. Shooting without the orange tip on gave it about the same accuracy as before the e-tape spacers. Removed the e-tape spacers, and its back to where it was before, except for one thing.

I noticed the first time I took the gun apart, the outer barrel was EXTREMELY difficult to twist off. Had to use a vice grip to get the thing off. Now it appears I know why it was like that. The threads on the outer barrel are completely stripped. Outer barrel pretty much just slides in and out now without the set screw in. Surprisingly still shoots the same though.

So, rather than just looking for a longer TBB and cutting it down to 510mm to fit this gun, I am looking to get a new outer barrel of more standard length, and a nice decent TBB to fit it. Anybody know which VSR-10 outer barrels are compatible with the TSD SD700? What are the standard lengths for the VSR-10 inner and outer barrels?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.