Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my TSD SD96 yesterday and it was a standard L96, nothing flashy, a nice OD Green color, came with a scope and 2 mags. Then I opened the gun up.

It has a metal trigger box!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow I thought it would be plastic. This is by far the best thing on the gun. And it only gets better. The guns has threads! But this was expected. It is also much different internally then a UTG L96. It is still an APS-2 system, but the TSD has better quality control, as everything is working as it should. I bought an Airsoft GI metal trigger box with the upgraded sear set, Angel Custom cylinder parts, a Guarder piston head, and .30g BBs. This is bar far the best L96/MK96 on the market, besides the Maruzen L96. I listed the upgrades and such you guys give me your opinions and any questions about the gun just let them out to me.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Marpat, glad to hear that you love the rifle!

However, our reviews require a bit more info, perhaps some pics, maybe a few guides on mods/dissembly, etc. etc. I am looking forward to some more info as at the moment this review is lacking.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try and get some up as soon as possible. I'm going to do another review later, you know, not just "this gun is amazing buy it now" kinda thing. Sorry about that, I'll have some more stuff posted by next week, but thank-you for explaining this to me.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
marpat96 said:
I will try and get some up as soon as possible. I'm going to do another review later, you know, not just "this gun is amazing buy it now" kinda thing. Sorry about that, I'll have some more stuff posted by next week, but thank-you for explaining this to me.
No problem Marpat, just thought I would let you know. ;)

Looking forward to some more info and seeing how well she holds up after some use.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have this rifle too, as I ordered it instead of the UTG for the Metal Trigger box. I really like mine too; it has the metal trigger and comes with a JBU scope which I think is pretty nice quality. My only gripe with it is my inner barrel was warped in the middle and it produced a bad left curve as the shot started to drop. But I talked to the retailer and they sent me a new OEM barrel and even polished it for me. So now it shoots fine and I'm excited to put some upgrades in it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have this rifle too, as I ordered it instead of the UTG for the Metal Trigger box. I really like mine too; it has the metal trigger and comes with a JBU scope which I think is pretty nice quality. My only gripe with it is my inner barrel was warped in the middle and it produced a bad left curve as the shot started to drop. But I talked to the retailer and they sent me a new OEM barrel and even polished it for me. So now it shoots fine and I'm excited to put some upgrades in it.
Bud, your about 14 months late on this...

·
Registered
838 Posts
Take the DIY first, you can see around in forum, if after that you still want more, then buy to updrage :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.