Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I do not post here often as I mostly just lurk around the forums, trying to absorb as much knowledge about everything airsoft sniper-related but I need some help.

I've just got a CYMA M14 Socom, fresh out of the store. Ofcourse I have no intention of being in the frontline as I got used to my L96 and staying hidden (and possibly alive) for as long as possible.

This is why I would like to turn this thing into a DMR. I have no experience whatsoever with AEGs since I had none prior to this one, but I have some friends who will help me installing the upgrades and ofcourse, applying vindicareassassin's tips and tricks to everything while assembling the gun back together. I just need to figure out what to put in the gun.

I have opted for the not so ''high end'' upgrade parts from Element, this including:

'Element' ball bearing spring guide for M14
'Element' Stainless Steel Cylinder Type B
'Element' Cylinder Head for ver.7 - M14
'Element' Silicon Hop Up Bucking - 65 Hard
'Element' Ball Bearing Light Weight Piston Head
'Element' Max Torque Gear Set

I am still undecided about the piston, I've read loads of stuff about G&G and TM m14 rebuilds but none about the CYMA. Some say the gears and piston can be from a V2/3 gearbox, others say it should be especially a V7 gear/piston set and so forth. I have no idea about this and I would like some clarification.

I thought of getting a prometheus SP170 spring, prometheus or pdi tightbore barrel (well, 6.03), a high torque motor - short type (undecided, taking suggestions) and a pair of LiPO batteries, to be decided later.

I would love to hear any/all comments and thoughts you guys might have on my choices, bearing in mind that I do have a budget to restrict me. The above parts listed should net me about 120$ without shipping and taxes.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Those upgrades should work pretty good, I know that my cousin has an AGM M14 that is upgraded with Element basically throughout, except the Tokyo Marui hop up and Madbull 6.03 barrel and my ASR barely can out range it. For the gears, you can just stick to V. 7 and I those should work, I have no clue why V. 7 gears wouldn't work in a V. 7. :). Might I also recommend just using a 11v battery. If you are just using it on semi auto then your response time will be same nearly the same as a lipo and it will save you $10.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Well, first off, I personally think you chose the wrong M14 for the job. The Socom version has the rail in an odd place. This limits what optics you can use comfortably AFAIK. The CYMAs are pretty well built contrary to popular beleif but they can be a b*tch to take apart and work on the gearbox. Continued, play with it for a couple of days and see if you like it the way it is. Maybe just bumping up the RoF and Velocity will suit you better at first because you can always increase from there. Also, your not really demanding too much from your AEG...the element parts are meh and you'd do better playing around with the stock parts for a short time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All m14s have the rail in an odd place afaik, thats why you need to buy the scope mount to use a ... scope. The original rails are only for reddots or holosights.

As to the taking it apart being a bitch, a friend did it both ways in less than an hour even tho theres loads of screws to even get to the goddamn internals. We had to remove the fusebox, funnily enough the stock battery wouldnt fit with the fusebox still inside ... :)

Well, a sp170 spring should be demanding quite enough on the internals, seeing as it should pull around 570fps and a stock CYMA is maybe built for a 110 since there are guarder upgrade sets to sp120 to even get it to 420fps... I dont need higher rof, i have other weapons for cqb and the like where that really comes in handy :) i need me a semi auto sniper

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think you should buy a Madbull 6.03, TM hop-up unit and all, and the guarder upgrade kit and call it a day. Being that you have other weapons that you can use when you don't want to use the M14 I wouldn't sink that much money into it. That's just my 2 cents though... :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't use that battery

DO NOT PUT A 11.1v LiPo IN THIS GUN!!!!!!!! I as well have this gun and I am getting it upgraded, but I am warning you right now, if you put a LiPo bigger than a 7.4v in that gun, it will melt. This gun wasn't built to handle the power of an 11.1v and you will destroy your gun. You need metal bushings (because these come with plastic), as well as a much bigger motor, spring, and everything else to handle that battery. It would have been cheaper to buy a claasic army or Tokyo Marui because these are LiPo ready (usually) and are much higher quality (although way to expensive). i recommend just starting with the metal bushings and a M130 spring. I think one is on clearance on www.airsoftatlanta.com Good luck and Happy Hunting

AJAX dominates!!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
CYMA M14 is generally the closest clone of the TM M14 on the market. So anything that works in a TM M14 should work in the CYMA.

Though I don't have a M14, I would like to give my 2-cents.

1) Suggest not to use Element parts. They're cheap, but not good quality. There are other cheap, but good quality brands out there.

2) Try the stock parts first - stock parts doesn't mean they're bad parts. Upgrade only necessary parts (ex. if the piston is good, why buy a new one; you might want to get a new piston head though.)

3) Bushings - its nice to have metal bushings, but depending on your playing and maintenance habit, you CAN wait abit to switch it from plastic.

4) Don't buy torque gears AND motor. A High Torque Motor and normal gears (18:1) should be able to pull a M170 (double check this actually)

6) Buy the CORRECT motor type.

7) Re-shim your gears. It will make everything last longer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
DO NOT PUT A 11.1v LiPo IN THIS GUN!!!!!!!! I as well have this gun and I am getting it upgraded, but I am warning you right now, if you put a LiPo bigger than a 7.4v in that gun, it will melt. This gun wasn't built to handle the power of an 11.1v and you will destroy your gun. You need metal bushings (because these come with plastic), as well as a much bigger motor, spring, and everything else to handle that battery. It would have been cheaper to buy a claasic army or Tokyo Marui because these are LiPo ready (usually) and are much higher quality (although way to expensive). i recommend just starting with the metal bushings and a M130 spring. I think one is on clearance on www.airsoftatlanta.com Good luck and Happy Hunting

AJAX dominates!!!!
How can he melt the gun when it is going to be semi automatic only. All it will effect is his trigger response. I do not understand why you would even say this. Unless he has an insane trigger finger I doubt it would do damage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.