Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next weekend I will be receiving a BAR10, and considering I already have one that has no more pants to upgrade off of it, I feel the need to build one to be extremely quiet, on the lowest budget possible, and fit Jeff Cooper's scout rifle Guidelines.

Here is a parts list I came up with in about 3 minutes:
TK Twist/Falcon barrel (Are they made for VSR's?)
Nine ball purple
SP90 spring
Teflon mods
Foam the stock
Bed the receiver with clay
Shim the chamber and arm
Full length barrel spacer (Going to try a wax one, making one for a tapered OB would be a PITA)

Now for Scout rifle guide lines:
An unloaded weight, with accessories, (6.6 lbs, 7.7 being the max)
An overall length of 1 meter or less.
A scope of low magnification, long eye relief
(Probably use a shotgun scope)
Ghost ring iron sights (Going to scavenge these off a shotgun if i can find a broken one)
And a sling

Thoughts, criticism?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
For an optic I would go with an ACOG personally.

If you are going for quiet, I would keep with a stock powered spring and look into the PDI Baruki piston. That should get you around the fps that you are looking for, and with that barrel you should be in great shape.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Acog =/= long eye relief scope. In fact acogs have one of the shortest relief of any sights that *I* have used. I have had good luck with one of these..... http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_183&products_id=32885
For the sights, you could try RS shotgun sights, that you can get for fairly cheap at various places.
Also, I gained a great deal of respect for you gunner, as I am a lover of the scout rifle concept. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An ACOG would look very nice, but the eye relief on even the Trijicon one is still too short, and i suspect it is longer than clones. Ill probably use the scope Quigly provided a link for, and if I can find them, some low profile see through scope rings.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
woogie said:
You could always go an Eotech with a 3x multiplier on it ;)
Didn't I already suggest that? Oh no wait that is a different thread, How about a blue crosshaired 4x sight with a pointed end.

EDIT - As I have said many, many times cut the stock spring enough so it doesn't hit the cylinder head. Trust me, you won't regret it. That will eliminate the sound of the piston completely so that all that's left is the air pop - Silencer - foam, clay etc. should cover that.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SO, I got the gun today, shoots like a dream. I have a higher SP PDI spring that will be getting a trim and going into this, and i will be adding some dampers on the cylinder head, in the form of mouse pad. I wont be chopping the barrel, as it seems like a bad idea, but i will be adding a large silencer that will cover a portion of it,

·
Banned
215 Posts
If your talking about the one the with laser in the stock, then that one is just a VSR with one of the Smokeys' stocks on it. If your talking about the wooden stocked rifle with the magnifier and eotech, that one looks to be a Maruzen M99 Target Rifle.

Reactions: PhantomHound624
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.