Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Im currently upgrading my old stock vsr after all these years and need some help for choosing the correct bucking for the setup.
Ages ago I bought Novritsch tuning kit (I know shoot me), but it means I still have the EdGi barrel lying around.

My question is what buckings would I want to look to use with the Unbridged EdGi barrel with a AA Hopup chamber?
I was looking ML MR bucking but then realized that the barrel I have lying around is unbridged and now im not sure what bucking to get and if I would need a separate R hop for the AA hop?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
You can use pretty much any bucking, but the Maple Leaf Autobot and Decepticon 70°-85° of the 2021 clear generation are by far the best I've tried, practically as good as the best R-hop from my own experience.

They perform great with the nub in my signature too, so click on it if you want to try and make one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh Brilliant, thanks for your quick reply! Ive never truly understood the difference in performance for different bucking degrees? It seems to be personal preference from all I can tell?

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,476 Posts
Ahh Brilliant, thanks for your quick reply! Ive never truly understood the difference in performance for different bucking degrees? It seems to be personal preference from all I can tell?
The degree of a bucking indicates its softness. The lower the degree, the softer it is.
The softer a bucking is, the grippier it becomes, and so it hops more effectively, however, the problem is that softer buckings rip more easily.
In cold weather, buckings become harder, because rubber becomes harder the colder it gets, so you will want to use a softer bucking in order to compensate for this.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
The 2021 series buckings at 85° grip like any 50° you'll find while having the advantage of being hard, not wearing out and providing a better air seal.

You can use just about any hardness in any FPS, but you should always go harder than softer in my experience.

If you can't get enough hop with a bucking and just lose a ton of FPS or get a jam, try making a new nub that is taller, or roll up a bit of paper to a decent fit in the barrel while making it hard, and use any old metal polish like Brasso on it and spin it or push it a lot in the bucking end of the barrel.
You would preferably use a drill, but it can be done by hand.
This polishes a decent length of the barrel as well as where the BB is pushed down by the bucking, reducing friction and giving you more hop up than you were originally getting, allowing you to have a lower setting.

But being an EdGi barrel, I'd just give it a quick polish if it's been around a while, but it won't need the polishing mod like before.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I like 70 degree buckings personally. Good temp stability and grippiness. That said, I much prefer an rhop and modify sora. more consistent airseal imo

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
R-hop is definitely the best if you buy a pre made patch, but it's not really worth it to pay somebody to do it unless it's local, as it gets expensive and sometimes shoddy.
I only recommend cut silicone or cast urethane, everything else sucks too much to make it worth more than a regular bucking.
Also, bridgeless R-hops are ridiculously difficult since nobody does them and for a good reason, it's practically impossible lol.

·
Registered
187 Posts
@Xenzu
Choose softness based on the ft/s of the bbs you are using. How many ft/s your rifle shoots the bbs you are playing with?

General suggestions:
ML Autobot 2021 70
ML Autobot 70
Modify X-Range 65D or 70D
ML MrHop 70

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So my barrel is 430mm; On my SRS I would use .45s.
Currently I have 0 FPS as the rifle is in pieces waiting for my upgrade parts. The old config didnt work well at all so it was all mothballed due me using my SRS but now I want something lighter to also use.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I like the 70 deg a lot. 85 caused inconsistency snd fliers for me. 70's more weather proof.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.