Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
943 Posts
My only issue with a single point of contact (especially a round one) between the nub and downward pressure source is the potential for the nub to see-saw back and forth as the BB passes underneath. Depending on how you secure your SS nub, it might not be an issue. As far as using the tapered screw, this method has been done in the OG tippman M4. A TLDR, I wouldn't really recommend it, but if you build it well, it doesn't have any drawbacks. Unfortunately it doesn't exactly do anything better than a normal TDC either, and it's a more complicated method of achieving the same end.

I'm assuming you want this adjustment out of the side so you have access to it without having to break open the rifle?

· Registered
943 Posts
If you have that level of precision, perhaps consider adding vertical channels to the chamber and guide rails of sorts to the nub. At that point, the "sloppiest" area would be the angled contact point between your horizonal screw and vertical pressure pin. The only challenge at that point would just be getting the vertical spacing correct such that there is enough adjustment between hop on/off. I think your approach is fine. At the moment, not much else in terms of alternative designs comes to mind unless you want to scavenge the gearset off of a stock lonex style hop up unit. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.