Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
I am a bit co fused whether you're asking upgrade guide for VSR or VFC M40A3. If it's VSR, then,

So far from what I have read, AA chamber is very decent and you should go for that. As for trigger, I heard laylax trigger would last forever, but there's more option with pretty much the same durability (if not more) like Springer Custom Work and Bulltrigg, but for Bulltrigg you might need to shave some of your piston end since Bulltrigg has the sear moved backward pretty significant.

For the barrel, if you want and able to make yourself, @SiliconeSword guide to barrel lapping would helps you a lot. He also made a guide to DIY round nub/tensioner

· Registered
314 Posts
For the whole cylinder assembly, unless if I could make it myself, I would prefer to get a set of them since each company doesn't always make it the same as the original so there's bound to be some difference in the measurement when comparing them, leading to possible fitment problems if you mix match parts without knowing the dimension.

For spring guide I wouldn't go for laylax since their spring is 8mm and not 9mm, so I suppose their spring guide is also built to take 8mm springs.

In general, other than the piston's body, you would want them to be built from steel/stainless steel. I guess a PDI cylinder set could works, but I heard that it has bigger diameter so if you're going for it, make sure your receiver could take something like ~2mm bigger cylinder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts