Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, I am upgrading my as-01 with the AAC hop up unit and the Ares reinforced cylinder kit and I have several questions: it is requested to use the cylinder kit with 45 ° sear , where to find them?
then, I still put the cylinder but already it is very hard to arm, I think it comes from the sudden sear but once I shoot either nothing comes out and it stuffs the barrel or the ball by 100fps, Why?
the problem does not come from the hop up unit because I put the old cylinder back and I have no problem with it, so I wonder if the problem is not from the nozzle of the cylinder
Thank you for your help

·
Registered
759 Posts
It might be. If the nozzle is too short, there wouldn't be enough compression. Normally I would think this would be a problem of too much hop applied, but since you can fix it with a different cylinder.... Not sure. Maybe it's an issue with the cylinders internals as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
finally i found the problem, it come from the piston of the reinforced cylinder, i just exchange with thise one of the original cylinder and it work, now i have 450fps

·
Registered
160 Posts
I ran with an Action Army Teflon Cylinder and one of the Hop Up's as well, and didn't really face any issues on my AS01 that I can remember - however it's been a while since I've ran with it, I switched over to a Mancraft SDiK which comes with it's own cylinder/piston set.

Not-So-Fun-Fact, the Action Army Hop Unit doesn't work with any of the aftermarket barrels - I'll save you that trouble now, or at least not with the fluted spiral barrel. The inner diameter of the outer barrel is smaller and doesn't fit the unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts