Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to touch base with the community. I have done some reading and trying to do some work on my VSR-10 for my build into a C3 (PH82) for an upcoming event (8 months away)

I am looking to optimize the rifle to allow easy cocking (relativley, as I don't want to be in a hide and have to use my legs to cock it) but still maintain great range with 525 fps. I have the budget to do this but just wanted to talk to you the experts. I have only really tinkered with Gas BAR and never really with a springer.

I am looking at the V2 hopup from PDI with the V2 trigger. What would you recommend for a cylinder and upgrades in there?

Sorry if I missed this somewhere already.

The cosmetic upgrades have been PDI outer barrel and receiver.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Well for a start you don't need a new cylinder. It's a waste of time, the mechanics inside, yes. But a Laylax teflon coated cylinder would set you back around £90/110. Internally I would start from the front then move backwards. I'd advise a Laylax (prommy) 6.03 tightbore and stick with the standard vsr hop . Add a nineball hard bucking if your aiming for your required 525fps then do the r-hop or er-hop mod. I'd also add a Dangerwerx hop-up arm as well just because you can. After that i'd advise you upgrade your trigger mech and sears. You can either buy the sears seperately and install them yourself or buy a PDI zero trigger which comes with a PDI heavy 90 degree heavy piston which will be able to handle your required 525fps. Now you can buy a new steel spring guide and cylinder head (cylinder head for increased airflow)then do all the teflon tape mods you could possibly do. Once all this is done then you can drop your desired spring in you want, note that there isn't a specific spring for 525fps, an M150 will produce 450-500 fps while an M170 will produce between 500-550 fps.

I'd take a read about the TDC mod as well.

Here's a good site I buy SOME, of my parts from. They ship worldwide as well which is also a bonus depending on where you're from!

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/

Good luck on the build, hope I didn't miss anything. If I did Im sure somebody will correct me anyway -____- .

Zero

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Zero. The limit is 550 but seeing as it is a limit and not a goal I will have to do something in this range. This is a good start for sure.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What PDI barrel have you got? I just got the Light Outer barrel and love it! :D

Sears and spring will be the upgrades that are essential.

As Zero suggested, a TDC adjuster may be good. Check out my new video of it if you are planning on doing it, or look at Masterjuggler's written tutorial.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I would suggest the diy mod to taper your cylinder head your self, to save money. But if you want to buy a high flow cylinder I would recommend the one from Polarstar.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is us. I have mostly used the Tanaka M40A1 midnight gold, but now moving into the VSR for this event that I need to make this a C3 due to being kit specific event. Will post the pics.

The outer barrel I went with is the front bull barrel. I have the long fluted barrel but since it isn't accurate for the build it is going in the spare list.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sounds good! Would love to come out and have a game with you guys some time! There aren't really any dedicated sniper teams in England like you have your'selves :(

Zero

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We don't get out to too many games as snipers due to the style of play. That is why I have since started to goto the US for a 9 day event where it is period specific and equipment specific where we can actually deploy sniper teams and do what we are supposed to do. It is a great team though that I have put together. We have a nice mix of guys. If you want to see the model of what we did I can email it to you off line here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.