Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum I need some advice which of these two sniper rifles I should get - SSG10 upgraded with a AA hop up unit, ML crazy jet (430mm), ML hot shot bucking, the shorter outer barrel, and a suppressor. Or a Silverback SRS 16” sport, also upgraded with a ML crazy jet (510mm), and hot shot bucking, and a suppressor.

I have been wanting to get into sniping for two years now and one of these two snipers will most likely be my “forever” sniper. Although I might be a noob to sniping I have watched and read almost everything there is on vsr’s and srs’s, but I lack the experience to make a decision on which gun to get. Also please ignore the fact that I am a noob and are a “little below average” height, so keep that in mind. Feel free to ask questions and give upgrade advice.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Get the SSG10 with the AA chamber, MR-hop 2021 85° and one of THESE.
For the barrel, the new one is exactly as nice as a Crazy Jet.
Whatever you do, don't get the HotShot bucking as it leaks a ton and really sucks, that's why you don't see them or hear about them much.

Also do all the diy stuff like filling the stock and outer barrel with foam, and epoxy the outer barrel with certain pieces down the road if you want ultimate accuracy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get the SSG10 with the AA chamber, MR-hop 2021 85° and one of THESE.
For the barrel, the new one is exactly as nice as a Crazy Jet.
Whatever you do, don't get the HotShot bucking as it leaks a ton and really sucks, that's why you don't see them or hear about them much.

Also do all the diy stuff like filling the stock and outer barrel with foam, and epoxy the outer barrel with certain pieces down the road if you want ultimate accuracy.
Thanks a lot for your feed back! I have one more question should I get a 3-9x40 scope or a 4x32 scope?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Thanks a lot for your feed back! I have one more question should I get a 3-9x40 scope or a 4x32 scope?
I like a 3-9x40. More light makes it easier to see those guys in camo.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I personally like a LPVO, but you should get something that is 40-50mm as like Sodium said, works in more lighting conditions.

I do have a CenterPoint 3-9X32 that I really like as the glass is nicer than a scope my dad got for like $400 for a real gun.
The CenterPoint is like $50 and can be found on PyramydAir

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Silicone Sword, why do I need a one piece arm and nub for the AA chamber? And if it is a must is there any way I can get one in US dollars?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
they are better than a Panthera nub and an Omega nub, and pretty much every other nub.
You can get one for $12 here, but be sure to buy the finest detail on.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Make sure you get the correct arm as well. Masada makes one for the stock chamber, and one for the AA chamber. O started tearing the arm for the stock chamber a couple days ago, and it's going excellent.

To answer your question about one piece arms, the general consensus is that a one piece arm has less moving parts, less play, and therefore a more consistent shot to shot performance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much again, y’alls feed back always helps. I will most likely ask some more questions on this thread in the future.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am new to this forum I need some advice which of these two sniper rifles I should get - SSG10 upgraded with a AA hop up unit, ML crazy jet (430mm), ML hot shot bucking, the shorter outer barrel, and a suppressor. Or a Silverback SRS 16” sport, also upgraded with a ML crazy jet (510mm), and hot shot bucking, and a suppressor.

I have been wanting to get into sniping for two years now and one of these two snipers will most likely be my “forever” sniper. Although I might be a noob to sniping I have watched and read almost everything there is on vsr’s and srs’s, but I lack the experience to make a decision on which gun to get. Also please ignore the fact that I am a noob and are a “little below average” height, so keep that in mind. Feel free to ask questions and give upgrade advice.
Honestly if it will be your "forever" sniper I would go with the SRS. It is easier to work with as it is very modular and all the pieces can go together well without taking the entire gun apart like a VSR/SSG. The entire point of the SSG platforms is it is an out of the box gun that shouldn't be touched, but it is marketed as the beginner sniper rifle. With that said I would ditch the suppressor and just get a 22" version as the cylinder volume ratio already makes it silent plus lessens the weight of the spring needed for the draw.

I say all this with the caveat that you can handle the bullpup design and the awkward mag changes. If not stick to the VSR platforms.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You should try them both out before deciding. Thought the SRS was a good choice until I had an opportunity to use one. It just felt unnatural to me, and was hard to stay on target for follow up shots while cocking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly if it will be your "forever" sniper I would go with the SRS. It is easier to work with as it is very modular and all the pieces can go together well without taking the entire gun apart like a VSR/SSG. The entire point of the SSG platforms is it is an out of the box gun that shouldn't be touched, but it is marketed as the beginner sniper rifle. With that said I would ditch the suppressor and just get a 22" version as the cylinder volume ratio already makes it silent plus lessens the weight of the spring needed for the draw.

I say all this with the caveat that you can handle the bullpup design and the awkward mag changes. If not stick to the VSR platforms.
Why would I go with the 22in version if I can just hide a 510mm barrel inside a suppressor with the sport version and it be 120$ less?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Why would I go with the 22in version if I can just hide a 510mm barrel inside a suppressor with the sport version and it be 120$ less?
Where are you getting it from? I am looking on Evike and the 16 inch is only 30 less than the 22 inch, but you will spend another $12 on an adapter and then 20 to 30 more for a suppressor along with whatever the barrel will run you, just cheaper to get the already made 22 inch at that point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where are you getting it from? I am looking on Evike and the 16 inch is only 30 less than the 22 inch, but you will spend another $12 on an adapter and then 20 to 30 more for a suppressor along with whatever the barrel will run you, just cheaper to get the already made 22 inch at that point.
Red wolf airsoft the 16” sport is 380$ and the 22” is 500$

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Does this sound about right to y’all.

SSG10
AA chamber
Masada arm and nub
MR Hop
Airbrake
3-9x40 scope
AND ALL DA MODS

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
👍🏻

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree with silicone sword, but what is a necro post? Also I have been reading a lot on this forum and found out that the ssg10 isn’t “completely” vsr compatible, but everyone has a different idea on what is and isn’t compatible, so someone that HAS a ssg10 please inform me! Lastly, I have an improved the srs build so that it might fix all of its cons, if y’all want to hear it, y’all ask!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts