Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Necro posting is when you reply to something that is like a month old or older.
It doesn't always mean necro posting as there's things like the "show us your babies" thread.
If the thing is so important that you have to post something, either start a new thread or message the people from the original thread.
This helps the original thread not get cluttered up with useful stuff like people spamming their shitty youtube videos lol.

I asked my friend's a while ago, and here's what they said.

The magazine block and magazine catch are not Tokyo Marui compatible.

The receiver uses M3 or M4 screws for the trigger, not the smaller ones that are standard.

The cylinder is not Tokyo Marui spec, it's PDI/Lambda spec inner diameter and Tokyo Marui outer diameter.

The piston matches the cylinder.

The cylinder head has non standard threading, better than most.

That's about it, everything else is Tokyo Marui compatible.
The mentioned differences are all improvements, as the magazine catch is more simple and doesn't fall out, the cylinder is stronger, the trigger screws are stronger, and the threading on the cylinder head is stronger.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I’m telling you, Nov purposely made small inconvenient differences for some of the parts to keep it somewhat proprietary. Nothing you can fix with a small file or some dremmeling but still. For example, the hop chamber has some extra tabs/notches which I assume are for an extra cut on an ssg10 barrel. My friend bought an ssg10 hopup chamber for his vsr and had to do some minor dremmeling. Gspec outer barrels (once you remove the suppressor insert), pdi outer barrels and maple leaf outer barrels all take positive threaded adapters into the barrel. I think the nov suppressor adapter is negative. Things like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get the SSG10 with the AA chamber, MR-hop 2021 85° and one of THESE.
For the barrel, the new one is exactly as nice as a Crazy Jet.
Whatever you do, don't get the HotShot bucking as it leaks a ton and really sucks, that's why you don't see them or hear about them much.

Also do all the diy stuff like filling the stock and outer barrel with foam, and epoxy the outer barrel with certain pieces down the road if you want ultimate accuracy.
When did the SSG10 inner barrel change?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Wym?

The SSG10 barrel is extremely similar to the SSX23 barrel, which is a real live Maple Leaf Crazy Jet without the Crazy Jet muzzle.
It's laser etched into it, so I'm pretty sure it's legit.

I would assume that if they look extremely similar, then Novritsch is getting the SSG10 inner barrels from Maple Leaf as he is already getting them for the SSX23.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts