Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my Cyma M14 to a bit more of a DMR/Sniper rifle. What upgrades and/or attachments should i get for it? Ive got a tight budget right now so the cheaper the better. I've been using it without a scope( I've been following my idol Simo Haya in not using a scope, google him and you will see why.) but using iron sights to snipe isn't the easiest. What type of scope should i get? What magnification should i be looking for?
(not sure if this is in the right place, feel free to move it to the correct section)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
For a scope, I would go with something along the lines of a 3-9X30 or a 3-9X40. I let myself use a 3-9X50 on my BAR10 because the rifle has a lesser weight, and I prefer a large objective lens, but on a CYMA M14, it would weigh you down.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, now that you've got yourself a tightbore, the next thing you should upgrade should be your bucking.

There are many options, but the easiest options would be to install a PDI W-Hold bucking. They provide excellent results and aren't as advanced or in depth as other hop up modifications out there.

If you are feeling a little adventurous, you can try doing the Flat Hop mod or the R-Hop mod. Both provide superior range and accuracy to traditional hop ups, and are currently the best you can do for a DMR.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, im gunna look those up and see which fit my budget. Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would get a new spring, as the one already in the CYMA could do with being replaced with a more consistent one.

Also look into AB mosfets if you haven't already, if you're tech-savvy you can build your own very cheaply (cost of parts, maybe less than $10 if you're American, less than

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.