Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just ordered my upgrades for my recently purchased JG BAR-10 G-Spec. The upgrade parts include:

- PDI VSR-10 V-Trigger with Reinforced Piston End

- PDI VSR-10 Hard Piston

- PDI VSR-10 Spring Guide

- PDI VSR-10 6.01mm x 430mm Tightbore Barrel

- PDI 360 VSR-10 Spring

- Nineball VSR-10 Hop Up Bucking (G-SPEC)

Just a couple question, because I haven't been able to find much information on this.

How is the PDI V-Trigger system compared to the Zero Trigger?

That Zero Trigger should be able to handle the PDI 360 spring correct?

Lastly, I can't find any information, but does the mock silencer that comes with the G-Spec also work as a "barrel extender" so that my 430mm barrel will be hidden?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why wouldnt it? To make the barrel go through into the silencer, you need to widen up the space between the silencer and its adapter. At standard size, the hole has too small of a diameter to allow a barrel to go through.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The hole coming out of the Bull Barrel is smaller than the diameter of the inner barrel, so if you want to run a longer barrel you will need to drill it out. You will need a 9.5mm diameter drill bit to do this ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
thorhamma said:
How is the PDI V-Trigger system compared to the Zero Trigger?
Its honestly a matter of personal preference.. My friend has almost the same setup as mine, but he has PDI upgrades. Performance wise, I love my zero trigger system much more. My system seems like theres a much smoother pull.

Maybe its me but PDIs piston setup does seem a bit louder than the laylax cylinder set.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm pretty sure the V trigger can. I can't seem to find the limit of the v-trigger on there site.. In there recent catalog, they just state "When using the Barikaru combo, Please don't use too high power spring such as SS5000 or SPR380."
The barikaru piston there talking about is made of Delrin. Almost looks like plastic.

Just Contact PDI [email protected]

·
Registered
974 Posts
The V-Trigger and Laylax/First Factory triggers are almost exactly the same. They both are made with similar materials and both use a rolling/lateral action to engage the piston sear. They can withstand just about anything so don't worry about the trigger not being able to handle it.

I have the First Factory zero trigger and Livonia has the PDI V-trigger. We compared them the other day and the consensus was that they are pretty much the same.

So to answer your question: Yes, you can use the 360 spring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I just installed:

- PDI VSR-10 V-Trigger with Reinforced Piston End

- PDI VSR-10 Hard Piston

- PDI VSR-10 Spring Guide

- PDI VSR-10 6.01mm x 303mm Tightbore Barrel

- PDI 360 VSR-10 Spring

- Nineball VSR-10 Hop Up Bucking (G-SPEC)

I lubed up the cylinder and put everything back together, the problem I'm having is when I push the charging handle back forward it's not smooth and I actually have to push it with some force.

Something doesn't feel right, any ideas?

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you're within field limits and follow safety requirements, it should be very accurate with .43g BBs. When you're at this type of FPS, you want the heaviest BBs you can possibly find (without going metal), and I am unaware of anything field legal of weights more than .43. My VSR10 was shooting 358/.43s (~525/.20s) without a tightbore.

Just making sure you understand this: While the gun will shoot slower FPS with heavier BBs, the energy output is the same as a higher FPS with a lighter weight BBs. I have seen people think that the lower FPS with a heavyweight BB means the gun is shooting within field limits, i.e. they think that a gun shooting 500fps with .43s is just as legal as a gun shooting 500fps with .20s on a field with a 500fps with .20s limit.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
pylodogy said:
okay, im thinking of throwing on a 190. 640 fps sounds pretty dangerous lol. Wondering if it can still stay accurate with all that power.
No, it IS pretty dangerous, especially in inexperienced hands. This is your first sniper rifle, my advise to you is stick with a130 at the most, at least until you've had at least 2years experience in the snipers roll. Only then would I suggest going down your 300,000,000,000fps route, because power doesn't make you a better sniper, getting your arse in the grass does ;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Either way FNG + 550fps = some poor soul going home unhappy, in my vast experience ;) The local site that we have just started playing at is 350fps max for everything, if its 351 or above for more than 1 of your 3 chrono test shots your told to put the rifle back in your car. I can confirm that when your shooting at the same power as an AEG it realy does sort the men from the boys, or more like the ones who can and the noddies that think they can ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.