Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am fairly new to the forum, but I am not new to airsoft. I have been sniping for about 2 years now, and I have never really considered upgrades. I have just become very efficient with my VSR-10 how it is. I would really like to upgrade the fps and accuracy because when I play now I need to worry about more than 2 other snipers. I was just wondering what are good upgrades that I can get, or need to get to achieve 500 or more fps?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Try reading some of the threads here, most people are trying to achieve the same as you, and next time do alittle research before expecting us to spoon feed you what you want to know, it makes for happier mods and tech gurus, because they don't have to constantly repeat the same shite, and the section is tidier for not having constantly repeated threads ;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
l4gi said:
Get all the Laylax internals you can, M170 spring and a nineball hop buck. Laylax makes the best VSR parts.
A bit random, but true none the less, and with the correct internals and asking the right people the right questions, a 150 spring will easily produce over 500 fps ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
M15 is 150 meters/sec, 17 is 170m/s, 190 is 190m/s, etc. There are higher springs than these, however most places limit your gun's FPS to 500fps, so an M150 or M170 may be the highest spring you are allowed to use in a game.

PDI springs are different, they are based off the gun's original spring in % (say 200% is twice as high an FPS) - at least this is my understanding. I don't currently use PDI parts.

to upgrade the gun to full potential, here's a list of my current and planned mods in my TM VSR10:
*zero trigger ($180)
teflon cylinder ($100)
*orange piston (comes w/ zero trigger) ($0/$50 seperate)
*metal spring guide w/ bearings ($30)
*m170 spring ($25)
*firefly bucking (I'd suggest soft, I have the hard one, soft is usually better though) ($22)
*tightbore ($50-120+)
*reenforced piston head ($25)

To get the gun running reliably, those are the best upgrades - at the minimum - to get the gun shooing somewhere in the 500-550fps range....depending on how good your seals are, and how tight the inner barrel is. My gun, without a tightbore, was hitting 525fps with .20s with the above setup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.