Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im saving up for a JG Bar 10 rifle. I was wondering what upgrades I should get with it to increase the FPS and accuracy? If at all possible, could you also add a site for how to upgrade the parts? Thanks a million,
-Preacher

Im also saving for a spring. So heres what Im saving for baisically. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_113&products_id=2761 and http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_201&products_id=3458
Is there anything else I need to get? Also, what kind of scope do I need? (sorry for the questions, Im kind of new)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Take the time to read the VSR section as they are basically what a BAR is based on. The 150 spring that you show will get you to about 500fps, depending on what your seals are like. The first thing I would advise you to buy however is a Tight Bore Barrel, nothing stupid like 6.01mm as unless your using top shizzle ammo you'll suffer from jamming, plus if you find my tech post on barrels it'll explain why tight and long actually reduce the accuracy of your weapon despite what all the other tech wizards will tell you and I do believe, IIRC it was zulu could be wrong though, did a test on my foundlings that made a stock 6.08mm barrel have better groupings than a 6.01 Edgi barrel, go figure ;) 6.03 is the tightest you should go and as for length 480mm as an absolute max.
Next Trigger Sears and a descent hop rubber, either Nineball or Firefly, both should be the hard rubber.
There is also little things you can do that wont cost you any money, like improving hop seal, cutting off the airbrake spring pre load spacers etc. most of which have been covered my me in the VSR thread and anything related to the BAR here.
Any other questions?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm a proud advocate of vindi's technical findings, although I didn't do the car polish/inner diam (CA stock vs. KM barrel) test...it should be easy to find on these boards if you want to though. In essence the results were that the CA barrel performed better than the KM 6.04(stock CA barrels are at least 6.08) if you put car polish in to reduce inconsistencies and make the test more accurate (as well as increase the performance of the barrel!).

I did, however, compare a DBC 6.01 and a promo 6.03 and found the promo to give me significantly better groupings, range, and accuracy (although not fps). Those of you that know inner barrels know that Dee's and promo have similar QC. That might have been what you were referring to, as I'm sure I mentioned this on the boards somewhere.

ALTHOUGH I very much like my PDI 6.01. It's in my vsr-10 and I'd say that it doesn't have as good accuracy at range, although I've left the hop up chamber/bucking at stock and can only go up to .3g as is. So tight is not necessarily bad, however PDI's wider bore barrels would give you better results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.