Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'd have to look it up what exactly, but they're 20mm long. The ID is a bit wider than the OD of a barrel (8.5mm) and the OD matches the hop chamber. I used electrical tape as the last layer to turn it into a tight fit :tup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have never had any loading issues with BB's up to 0.36g. The 0.40g I use sometimes do get jammed (all BB's madbull's - hate the grey colour). The rifle (my signature) is otherwise great.

BTW what dimensions have you printed those barrel spacers?
Same with me for the most part. The 0.36g sometimes get jammed but is easily fed by tilting the front of the gun down slightly.

0.40g and above requires the tip of the barrel to be pointed nearly straight down to feed. Such a pita....

I ordered the metal feeding fin. Does anyone here have experience with that part? I really hope it fixes the feeding issue but I feel like the poor quality of the plastic feeding ramp is to blame too.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I was thinking that the feeding ramp could be modded slightly to enable the bb to be centered for the hop up unit, but not sure if it would prevent the bb from being chambered in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Regarding different bb's giving feeding issues: From what I can tell, soft bb's will have issues going up the ramp because they get "grooved" by the two sides of the loading ramp. This is causing me a lot of issues.

The biggest issue I have now is that because it happened twice when trying new bb's (.40g bbs I got from a friend to try out), my loading ramp is now too flexible, and even the bb's that I used to have pretty much no issues with (.30g Green Devil bb's) are also getting jammed quite often.

I'm looking at getting a replacement, and maybe try and make a reinforced one or such in alu/hardwood - without a corner at the bottom but instead use a curve, and maybe a more "U" shaped grove instead of the boxy shape it has now. The 40g bb's flew crazy good, but they jam way to often for me to be able to actually use them - esp since when a jam occurs, I either have to push the bb all the way through the ramp, damaging it even more, or I have to get out a screwdriver and take the thing apart to get at it.

Once I have some more time, I'll look at getting some pictures taken.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You can pull the bolt all the way back and with the magazine removed, the bb's still in the ramp will roll out if you pull the bolt backwards and tilt the rifle backwards :tup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not really (at least not in my case, could be that my ramp is already to ruined), I've tried :D Due to how soft the .40 bb's are, they really get stuck. I will look at taking a picture of one of the bb's after it's been stuck, there are two grooves cut in them when they come back out. Even with the gun dissasembled, I have to put a decent amount of pressure to get it out.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If they actually get jammed in the loading ramp then that's a problem yeah. But I'd say that's more than just soft bb's. I've put some pretty soft bb's in it and while it does get jams in the barrel I have never seen a jam like that in the loading ramp :shrug:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had a better look today and it really seems to only happen with one type of bbs (I think they are madbull .40's, could be valkens tho... Got a few from a friend to test with so I'm not sure.). No issues with the .30 green devils that I always used before so if all else fails I'll just stick to those.
I'm gonna look at grinding a small thin sheet of metal to shim between the sides of the ramp and the metal frame in the stock of the rifle, see if that helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My hop up is pretty inconsistent, is it just the stock AWS hop up chamber? Could there be something else wrong with it? Using DIY eraser nub with maple leaf. Would the shimming of hop up help, or should i just go for TDC for maximum performance?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Useful thread thanks!

Got a couple of points I thought I'd add from my experience:

- The plastic C-clip for the loading plate is rubbish. I've put a metal plate in and it's regularly dislodging and jamming the bolt.

- I've tried the cable tie method mentioned above but this fouls on the loading ramp. I can't see a way to file down the ramp without rendering it useless.

- Does anyone know where I can get hold of a metal loading ramp?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I don't think there are any metal loading ramps out there, sadly...

The tie-wrap method is the best way to secure the loading plate. You just need to get a properly sized one. The bulky part goes where you drill out the loading plate, that way it doesn't interfere with the ramp :tup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Today I tried installing a 430mm 6.01 (VSR10) Action Army barrel, Maple Leaf 70 degree rubber, and the ML concave spacer and the range of my gun was about half of what it was stock, and if the hop up was up to much it caused the gun to jam... Not sure if I did anything wrong when installing it or not, but I took it out, inspected it, everything looked fine and then tried again... Still the same result, seemingly no back spin on the BB what so ever. So i dropped the stock barrel, rubber, and spacer back in and the gun works perfectly fine now. Was going to try using the ML on the stock barrel but it seems the VSR10 and STOCK TM L96 inner barrel are cut different at the end, so the ML wouldn't work on the stock barrel.

Any idea what I may have done wrong? Gun is a TM L96 AWS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Today I tried installing a 430mm 6.01 (VSR10) Action Army barrel, Maple Leaf 70 degree rubber, and the ML concave spacer and the range of my gun was about half of what it was stock, and if the hop up was up to much it caused the gun to jam... Not sure if I did anything wrong when installing it or not, but I took it out, inspected it, everything looked fine and then tried again... Still the same result, seemingly no back spin on the BB what so ever. So i dropped the stock barrel, rubber, and spacer back in and the gun works perfectly fine now. Was going to try using the ML on the stock barrel but it seems the VSR10 and STOCK TM L96 inner barrel are cut different at the end, so the ML wouldn't work on the stock barrel.

Any idea what I may have done wrong? Gun is a TM L96 AWS.
ML buckings require an open faced barrel, does your AA barrel have a bridge?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
What's your fps? And bb weight? Airseal? What nub did you use? Stock nub application is too thick for the ML nub, pushes it too far down, you'll get pinch jams, especially at lower fps.

As for the 45 degree trigger, it has no influence on the ratio, but I still wouldn't recommend a 45 degree trigger - ever.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's your fps? And bb weight? Airseal? What nub did you use? Stock nub application is too thick for the ML nub, pushes it too far down, you'll get pinch jams, especially at lower fps.
FPS was stock TM 280-ish, I was using .25's. Everything was stock so I don't know what TM's stock airseal is like in comparison to anything as this is my first bolt action. As for the nub I was using the concave spacer Maple Leaf makes, i thought it would do the job but maybe I picked the wrong one. Have a suggestion on a nub? I could always make one since they're pretty easy to make.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
That is the right nub, but it's also the problem. In the L96 AWS the nub is being pushed down even with zero hop applied, so you can't really have "zero" hop. This is quite a significant amount (hopup off lifted .4's at 500 fps with a 70 degree ML in my case). At lower fps, this will definitely cause a pinch jam. There's your problem :yup:

There's a spacer above the nub causing this. It's too thick. Trim it down a little :tup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is the right nub, but it's also the problem. In the L96 AWS the nub is being pushed down even with zero hop applied, so you can't really have "zero" hop. This is quite a significant amount (hopup off lifted .4's at 500 fps with a 70 degree ML in my case). At lower fps, this will definitely cause a pinch jam. There's your problem :yup:

There's a spacer above the nub causing this. It's too thick. Trim it down a little :tup:
Roger that, i'll give it a try and let you know what happened though I may wait for the new power-upgrade parts to arrive before I take this thing apart again!

21 - 40 of 95 Posts