Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I have no experience with the cyma, it's supposed to be compatible but I'd go with the 44xx as it's tried & proven. You also get more choices from the aesthetic point of view so that's a plus if you want something a bit more unique :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
For the last two days I must have taken this gun apart and put it back together 30 times and I still can't get it to shoot consistently (accuracy wise). 430mm 6.01, ML bucking, tried various different nubs and three different sized top spacer pieces and I can't figure this thing out it seems.

Any idea something I may be overlooking? Maybe I just have to break in the ML? I feel like with some of my AEG builds after a certain amount of rounds the bucking breaks in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What bb's are you using?
Update:
Swapped the barrel out back to the original barrel. Cut the bridge off the barrel, polished the edges so it wouldn't rip the ML. Re-installed the ML, the ML concave nub with the stock barrel.

Thing is shooting consistently now with both .25's and .30's. I'm assuming this means my tight bore was the issue..... Strange. This was an Action Army 430mm 6.01 if anyone else has had similar issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wonder if this is why i'm not getting as much range as I had hoped for out of mine. I just used it today in a game and the range was disappointing with both 25's and 30's. hitting maybe 200feet, and the hop up is a pain in the ass to dial in correctly.

I really want to use that damn 430mm 6.01 barrel I have but I can't for the life of me get any accuracy what so ever out of it. I don't know why either. Maybe my duct tape spacers were off and it was slightly pointed in another direction? I haven't any idea and it's frustrating me to be honest.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Range depends on bb weight and muzzle velocity. Honestly 200' of effective range is all you're going to get with .25, you need heavier, like .36 or .4 :yup:
Installed a heavier spring, now the trigger won't function every time.... It seems like i have to slap the bolt handle down hard to get the trigger to want to work. Opened up the trigger box, nothing is broken. No clue what this is. Any idea?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Which trigger do you have?
Currently i'm using the stock trigger unit with a steel sear installed....... I know, I probably should've just bought a whole new trigger unit, but I've been gradually upgrading the gun because I have to adult from time to time.

Cylinder is also really hard to push back in when I cock it back. Like, I thought it would be harder to pull it back, instead it's really hard to push back in.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
That's because of the 45 degree trigger. It exerts a huge force upward on the piston which pushes it against the cylinder, which causes it to be heavy on returning the bolt. The trigger not firing is also an inherent 45 degree trigger issue. Go with a 90 degree trigger box and piston and you will see both issues resolved :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's because of the 45 degree trigger. It exerts a huge force upward on the piston which pushes it against the cylinder, which causes it to be heavy on returning the bolt. The trigger not firing is also an inherent 45 degree trigger issue. Go with a 90 degree trigger box and piston and you will see both issues resolved :)
Going to have to wait another week or so until I do that I guess. Got bills to pay, so it will have to wait a little bit. Hopefully that solves the issue. Other than that you were right about the .4's, they really make a difference. Very consistent and extremely accurate even out of the stock barrel / ML combo. :tup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys. I have Well MB4403. (TM L96 AWS clone) I will buy ML buckings and concave spacer but i cant make my mind up about inner barrel length. Ive read all your comments buy i dont really get it. These are the barrel i think i can buy. Could you guys recommend any of them?

Laylax PSS10 6.03mm Inner Barrel for VSR-10 / G-Spec (555mm)

Madbull STEEL BULL 6.03mm Tight Bore Barrel (Stainless Steel / 509mm)

Madbull STEEL BULL 6.03mm Tight Bore Barrel (Stainless Steel / 455mm)

Laylax PSS10 VSR-10 TN Barrel 6.03 (430mm)

Madbull STEEL BULL 6.03mm Tight Bore Barrel (Stainless Steel / 363mm)

PS: Some of them have bridge but i can file it down. I added 363, 430 and 455 mm barrels just bcs your comments.

Any help would be appriciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the laylax 555mm barrle but I had to cut the bridge to make it use ML bucking.
i still havent cut it because it sits so nicely into my muzzle breach i almost dont need barrel spacers

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the laylax 555mm barrle but I had to cut the bridge to make it use ML bucking.
i still havent cut it because it sits so nicely into my muzzle breach i almost dont need barrel spacers
Thanks a lot. I did cut my stock inner barrel and i ordered ML buckings and tensioner. I decided to try my stock barrel with ML and then i will buy inner barrel.

And are you still using stock flash hider? Couse stock inner barrel is 509 mm and when you change it to 555 mm, did it pass through the flash hider? I only noticed today when i disassemble my rifle that there is a sth in the way for 555 mm inner barrel (any barrel longer than 509 mm) to get through the flash hider. And i think it need to be file down in order to use 555 mm.

One more question =), are you happy with results of 555 mm? Couse ive read earlier in this topic that cylinder volume is not enough for it or sth like that.

Cheers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
In fact im quite satisfied but I think I could get better with proper barrel length. I dont use my rifle on the field but only as target plinker.

Rifle itself looks like this

It is the stock flash hider and i had to drill it out a bit to fit the barrel.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts