Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Today i received my crono and my gun is to HOT with .43 i get around 355 +- 1fps but sometimes i measured 367fps. And i think that stock barrel was better because sometimes my bb turn`s right and is less accurate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey snipers, I made this account to ask a question. As my screen name state's I'm really new to snipers and I recently bought a well mb4411d. I want to upgrade the internals but i have no idea where to start and what to buy. Please please please can someone take some time to point me to where I can buy the right parts and what company I should ie maple leaf edgi etc. If possible can you make a shipping cart list and take a screen shot and post it so I know exactly what to get. I am so lost and would really appreciate someone doing this for me.
Also if you can tell me in what order I should upgrade that would be great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey snipers, I made this account to ask a question. As my screen name state's I'm really new to snipers and I recently bought a well mb4411d. I want to upgrade the internals but i have no idea where to start and what to buy. Please please please can someone take some time to point me to where I can buy the right parts and what company I should ie maple leaf edgi etc. If possible can you make a shipping cart list and take a screen shot and post it so I know exactly what to get. I am so lost and would really appreciate someone doing this for me.
Also if you can tell me in what order I should upgrade that would be great.
Dude, just read a few posts before yours and there is the shopping cart with airsoftpro parts...:lmao:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellow MB44xx owners!

I have recently purchased a 4411, and have done some improvements on it, however, I did not get it to the level that I was expecting, so I'd like to ask for your advice, to further improve it.

To start with, these are the upgrades I already made:

- PDI Raven 6.01 barrel
- Airsoft Pro cylinder, nozzle, loading plate, zero trigger with piston and spring guide
- Madbul 3x Sniper hop up bucking
- M160 Airsoft Pro spring.

Currently the gun performs at around 153 m/s (500 fps).
As our local airsoft regulations allow for a maximum of 175 m/s (575 fps), I would like to increase the replica's performance to get as close as possible to the limit.

At this point I have two issues that I am struggling with and for which I'd like your advice on:

1. Compression - I did my best to achieve compression by using teflon tape but it is really hard to wedge the taped barrel into the hop chamber, and I believe that I am still loosing some air in the hop chamber. Any tips on how to improve the compression?

2. Spring - It would be the easiest upgrade as I see it, to improve fps, but I cannot find any stronger springs then 160 that fit the MB 4411. Some friend suggested that I take a stronger spring and cut some coils off, so it would fit the piston. Have any of you guys tried this? can you recommend a large spring that would be good for trimming?

Of course, any other improvement ideas are very welcome!

Thanks and I am looking forward to your replies!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys, I got a L96 Marui, Full Pdi and maple Leaf bucking. Now I bought a lightweight Bullgear loading plate, It fits really good (and look so sexy)! Bumper Automotive exterior Rim Bicycle part Auto part
Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Auto part Trigger

Im planning to make a cnc 3D printed loading ramp, do you think its necessary/good?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,
I have the same model L96 as you have in this post and am starting to make some upgrades myself.
Has anyone tried out the short barrel set up of this with any success?
The reason I'm asking is I believe I have read that the L96 has low cylinder volume which makes upgrading limited.
With a short barrel set up this, as I see it increases the cylinder to barrel ratio which gives us more scope for improvement.

Does that sound correct or have I gotten it mixed up.
Also I'm limited to the 1 joule on a 0.2g bb and what I'm after is range and accuracy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Everything you are describing here sounds a like a TM version not a Maruzen. In which case this is not a Well anything. Its a TM L96 period. Unless its a 441/0x then its a hybrid vsr/l96 clone. A gun that doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up. I can only imagine its a hot mess compared to the simplicity of the Maruzen platform.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Use a little silicone oil on the outside of the rubber. If its tight then you'll get better air seal. You don't need anymore than 1-2 turns of tef tape, if any at all, using the right rubber. I use Maple Leaf autobots and the macarons with the Omega nub on two different rifles and that combination does the trick! But that's only 1 part of the compression chain. Tef tape the cylinder head and use grease inside the cylinder not oil. You dont need much. That's your entire compression chain in the gun.
As for your spring, this is not going to help performance at all. That's only the power source. Before you start upgrading the power source make the rifle consistent. More power doesnt = better performance.

Get away from that 6.01 tightbore. The extreme tightbores dont really do a whole lot for you except almost guarantee a jam (some will disagree with me, but thats ok, mileage varies for everyone). In many cases they can actually degrade your performance due to the high compression behind the bbs when you shoot. The violent compression behind the bb can cause it to fly wildly and inconsistent. If you lap it then you will increase the bore size of your 6.01 barrel your consistency and distance will increase. A 6.03 tightbore is a better choice for the L96 platform in my experience. After that lap your barrel or at a minimum polish it well. If you polish it DO NOT use anything abrasive you will create concentric rings in the barrel and it will degrade your performance. Lapping and crown enhancement will def increase the performance and accuracy as you are creating a cushion of air around the bb and minimizing how much the bb touches the wall of the barrel. Any time the bb touches the wall of the barrel(because of the way barrels are made) it introduces erratic bb travel behaviors.
If you go the route of lapping and crown enhancement get HS5's kit off shapeways. Its not hard to do just time consuming.
Next thing, what bbs are you using? If you are using anything under .40gram you are robbing yourself of distance. This works by inertial energy imparted to the bb by the advanced bucking. Proven fact, heavier bbs fly farther than light ones and are not affected by wind and such as easily= better distance and consistency through physics.
Remember, in the world of airsoft sniping its not all about power, its about consistency. People often mistake more power = more FPS= better distance and consistency. Not true at all. The power engine seems to be what everyone starts with because they don't understand the engineering and physics behind the "system" they are using. This is why a silverback srs can outperform most airsoft spring snipers with a 120 spring!! With a 150 spring my l96 clocks at 421 measured with .43 gram bbs!! It can easily and consistently hit targets with 6-8 inch groupings at 200 ft. Most fields don't have a clear line of sight over that range so the gun does what I want/need it to do. Build your gun for purpose not power.
Take my suggestions as you will. I have 2 L96 platform guns and this formula works every time for me and others i have made these suggestions.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
As for your spring, this is not going to help performance at all. That's only the power source. Before you start upgrading the power source make the rifle consistent. More power doesnt = better performance.
Pointless upgrading the spring as he said that his joule limit is only 1 joule. (Stupid club joule rating). Also, the AWS is limited on springs. The biggest you can get is only an M150.

Get away from that 6.01 tightbore. The extreme tightbores dont really do a whole lot for you except almost guarantee a jam (some will disagree with me, but thats ok, mileage varies for everyone).
The longest shots in airsoft have been done with extra tight inner barrels. I think that the inner barrels were 5.98mm. I use 6.01mm and I have done for many years now with only 1 barrel jam due to using crap bb's. The trick to tight bore barrel is to use good quality bb's like BLS. BB quality has improved over the years. About 7 years ago I would have said that 6.03mm was better because you couldn't get good reliable bb's like BLS. I even use 6.01mm in my AEG's and I would only bother to clean the barrel about once every 6 months.

Next thing, what bbs are you using? If you are using anything under .40gram you are robbing yourself of distance.
He is limited to only 1 joule. So he would be best to just try 0.28-0.3gm. There are ways to get a 1 joule rifle to fire a 0.4gm bb's but the platform that he has limit.

Proven fact, heavier bbs fly farther than light ones and are not affected by wind and such as easily= better distance and consistency through physics.
I have heard this said many times but it does not always work. Once I made it my mission to see how lower joules I could hop a heavy bb. Anyway, I have figured out that you can hop any current bb weight at any energy rate if you know how (Pressure spikes). So I have shot a 0.45gm bb out of a rifle only firing 0.5joules and the bb hopped upwards. The issue was the 0.45gm still did not have range. A much lighter bb did have more range. So at some point there is a change over to where the lighter bb will go further. This also applies to normal joule rates that we play with.
Let exaggerate it. Imagine firing a 1kg bb out of a 1 joule rifle. It would fall straight to the ground as the rifle does not have the energy to push the 1kg bb while a 0.25gm bb will go 55-60 meters.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
PS. Sorry, if it seemed like I was attacking you Tssniper01. I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I just disagreed with some of the things said but I do think that you have a wealth of knowledge that is very useful to this forum. Cheers

81 - 95 of 95 Posts