Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys heres the deal.. I'm getting a classic army m24 with a gas kit in a trade and I want to use this as my primary. I heard the gas kit isnt consistent but I was wondering if it would be good enough? Most the aeg's I play with are in the 350 range cept for a couple 400's.. If it wouldnt would it work to just get a guarder ultra light cylinder..or a pdi vacuum.. not sure which one yet.., a guarder 9mm spring guide.. guarder precision piston head.. and a spring around 450-500fps.. which I havent found a good one yet so that would help too...Thanks

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
My advice to you is to just wait and try out the gas cylinder when you get it, maybe you'll love it. No sense in spending the money on the spring stuff until you know for sure that you don't want gas. Personally, the only gas rifle I would ever purchase is the STAR L115. I'm very very picky about my guns, though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks.. is the inconsistance only because of the fluctuation of pressure due to temperature changes? or is it inconsistant constantly? Thanks for the help too DUtton.. I think I'll try out the gas bolt before I buy any spring parts.. I'm not gonna be playing much airsoft till late spring anyway..

·
Registered
10 Posts
The temp really effects it because of the fact that is all metal construction. Also the seals on it like to give up. So it will be somewhat consistent in a consistent temp, I haven't used it that much to the extent where I know how inconsistent it will be.

Maybe Dutton will have a more detailed answer to your consistency question.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks.. I know why the temp would change.. I was just making sure its just not always inconsistant anyway.. also I was wondering how much of a difference a tight bore would do? should I get that right off the bat?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Usually a tightbore in a Classic Army is a good idea, they are generally known for their large diameter stock barrels, which are 6.08mm. In order to get a tightbore, you would have to get one specifically made for the M24, or you could purchase a PDI hop up, which will then allow you to use AEG barrels.

I would recommend a 6.03 509mm(M16) length barrel, which is the closest size to the stock M24 barrel, which is 510mm. Then pick up a PDI hop up, you should then be set for a while, until you decide if you want a spring upgrade or not.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Usually a tightbore in a Classic Army is a good idea, they are generally known for their large diameter stock barrels, which are 6.08mm. In order to get a tightbore, you would have to get one specifically made for the M24, or you could purchase a PDI hop up, which will then allow you to use AEG barrels.

I would recommend a 6.03 509mm(M16) length barrel, which is the closest size to the stock M24 barrel, which is 510mm. Then pick up a PDI hop up, you should then be set for a while, until you decide if you want a spring upgrade or not.
An M24 uses a standard AEG barrel, no need to get a PDI chamber.

·
Registered
283 Posts
[quote:xis1i166]Usually a tightbore in a Classic Army is a good idea, they are generally known for their large diameter stock barrels, which are 6.08mm. In order to get a tightbore, you would have to get one specifically made for the M24, or you could purchase a PDI hop up, which will then allow you to use AEG barrels.

An M24 uses a standard AEG barrel, no need to get a PDI chamber.[/quote:xis1i166]

That's right, slipped my mind. Thanks for correcting that for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.