Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello sirs. I just got an account here, and am relatively new to upgrading. I was wondering what i would need to do to get the aforementioned rifle up to 500 FPS and able (at best) to shoot to 80-100 yards.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
chumps said:
Hello sirs. I just got an account here, and am relatively new to upgrading. I was wondering what i would need to do to get the aforementioned rifle up to 500 FPS and able (at best) to shoot to 80-100 yards.
First up chap, go make a post in the intro section, so we know a little about you.

Next, you said its pre upgraded..... with what exactly?

The barrel will be ok for what you plan for but it really does depend on your seals and your ability to maintain those seals as to how effective a M150 spring will be.

Theoreticaly you should get 500+ from a M150

·
Registered
27 Posts
What kind of gears?
With a sp150 spring ALOT goes into it.
Piston upgrade
Motor Upgrade
A good battery to turn it
reenforced gearbox
I would go full metal bushings as well
You would need more than just gears and spring. But then again you didn't post much of what you have going on inside the gearbox.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'd say try it, BUT be aware at that fps the gearbox case will not last long before it starts to show signs of cracking, I'd check it before you do any further work to it and then radius the corners like in my guide if you cant see any signs of hairline cracks appearing.

If you can see even a slight crack forming replace the case as you will never get rid of it once its started, and I've witnessed the front of a V2 case fall off on a FN2000 that was doing 330fps, so take my ramblings seriously ;)

The other thing is, its likely to be the piston primary tooth that gives up first before anything else so just make sure you carry a spare or fit a stronger one when you do the spring upgrade.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Just from some experience, I tried putting in a m120 spring in a "pre-upgraded" rifle and then further upgraded with metal shims, gearbox, etc. and the motor. It was not enough to get the job done then, and with you wanting to put in a m150, with just "pre-upgrades" I doubt you will get great performance, including a weak rate of fire. Not only will your internals be destroyed but you will need a high quality battery too. Just from my point of view, I would upgrade everything else before you upgrade the spring.

Fuzzy

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Hey chumps, just press the modify button to correct mistakes. Thatll avoid unwanted double posts :)

Anyways, PDI barrels are said to be the best out there but a prometheus offers great quality for a lower price. I would go with a prometheus but its totally up to you.

·
Registered
207 Posts
True but you have to be careful with the prommies because one time i fired a .43 through one of their 6.01's and it warped the barrel, there was debris in there but it was only a fleck of mud. Since my barrel was completely ruined I decided to rip it open and discovered that the metal was really soft on the inside, I could scratch it with the tines of a fork. I dunno if I just got a lemon but I don't really trust them anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Sorry forgot to add that a 6.03mm is highly recommended because of what happened to october. It being a 6.01, there might have been some wear and tear that caused this to happen. If not, probably got a lemon.

Chumps, with whatever you go with, get a 6.03mm.

Edit: Wear and tear as in maybe when you were shooting, debris was in there causing the barrel to scratch and deteriorate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thank all here for the help, again :) . would it make a difference to the range or accuracy if i got a silencer and a 650mm barrel as compared to a 509mm? Yes the Prometheus barrels i have looked at. I might go for one those they look really nice

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I would go with a 6.03 mm 509mm length barrel. Forget where I read it but somewhere on this forum they suggest nothing past 509mm. I do not know but I might be incorrect. But in my opinion, go with the 509mm barrel, you will be fairly happy with it.

I do know that some people roll with a 650mm and a silencer. Make sure to get a adapter if your outer barrel does not have threads. In the end its all personal preference.

Fuzzy

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Personally, I have had experience with a m120 and with limited upgrades I was having decent but not great performance. With a m130, with decent upgrades should work but wear and tear will become a factor and replacing parts will be necessary more often.

What upgrades are currently in the gun?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
Forget where I read it but somewhere on this forum they suggest nothing past 509mm. I do not know but I might be incorrect.

I do know that some people roll with a 650mm and a silencer. Make sure to get a adapter if your outer barrel does not have threads. In the end its all personal preference.
It was here you read it, I know cuz it was me that wrote it ;)

650mm barrel is pointless unless you are useing a 19 tooth piston and cylinder, I know my A&K SR25, which is a clone of a CA used to use such things until I replaced them, so you might find that yours does too, in which case it will help in your search for high fps verses not smashing the front of your case off.

And just to piss on everyones parade.... forget at your peril 'A tightbore + high fps does not a sniper rifle, or sniper for that matter, make!!'

There is alot more to it than that

·
Registered
14 Posts
chumps said:
I thank all here for the help, again :) . would it make a difference to the range or accuracy if i got a silencer and a 650mm barrel as compared to a 509mm? Yes the Prometheus barrels i have looked at. I might go for one those they look really nice
If you do past a 509mm you need to have a bore up kit and shoot well over 550FPS... My CA ran over 70,000 rounds on a 150 until the motor gave out and piston stripped but everything else was fine (running King Arms Torque Up Helical Gears)...But as for a stock classic army the most ive done was a 130 spring and it didnt like it. So if you want more fps and range its going to cost some money. Also for CA's (or anything with a metal body and 1 peice hop up) you can get a thing called the AJAX Customs STS system for $45 and they basically reinforce the front of the gearbox without having a highly reinforced box. They just pop in the front of the reciever under the hop up. you can find them at Nashville Airsoft (www.NashvilleAirsoft.com)

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Haha Vindi. I thought it was you that said it but was not sure :) Anyways, the motor that came with my classic army stock was "high torque" and was too weak when I used a m120 spring. I had to upgrade that along with metal shims and a new gearbox. I did not like it even then because everything just was poorly constructed by the evike tech team. Maybe it was just a bad experience, but I did learn to upgrade everything else before the spring. Just a safety precaution :)

O, and my friend had upgraded internals installed, and with a m120 spring the gun was pushed too hard and fell apart. Another great job by the evike tech team.

Anyways, don't worry too much about great power in your gun, I'd rather have some decent upgrades for accuracy and durability first, and that'll increase performance quite nicely.

Edit: spelling

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.