Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I managed to do a full disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly in about 2 hours the first time I got it. I needed some help from people on this forum, so I'm talking total time here. It's pretty easy but it was by no means my first bolt-action rifle...it depends how familiar you are with the process.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks dude i've been looking at some other people wanting to upgrade their sniper and which would you think would be the most effective first upgrade to get for my G-Spec?

·
Registered
346 Posts
The stock TM vsr-10 chamber is good. The stock JG Bar-10 is not so good (although it's not bad)

If you've got the bar-10, I'd get the TM precision chamber+barrel first. If you've got the TM vsr-10 already, get a laylax, edgi, or PDI barrel (these run you around $130...). If you go for the TM precision chamber you'll want to replace your inner barrel eventually anyway, but you can wait a while.

If you have the TM the stock bucking is good, if you have the JG then I'd suggest you try to find a nineball (if you can) or a firefly bucking. That's the only problem with the JG bar-10's...100% upgradeable but keeping the hop up and bucking isn't that great an idea b/c of TM's higher quality.

After that, get laylax internals in this order: cylinder head, piston+trigger sears or zero trigger, spring guide, cylinder (teflon), and then the rest is just externals and whatnot.

I've got a lot of extra time on my hands but it would have been better if you'd taken a look at the vsr-10 section of the website first. Also next time state the brand of the gun

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Simple answer, YES if its all you can afford right now ;) but I will tell you that all it will successfully achieve is increase your fps by about 30fps. If you want accuracy on top of that equation you need to start thinking higher up the budget line ;) If you actually take time to look through the section I've posted countless posts on upgrades, and unlike zulu I DONT have a lot of spare time, so to save me having to repeat my self constantly, do a search, only then come back and ask if you cant find what your looking for ::)

EDIT just re-read the OPs post and looks like I mis-read it :-[ thought it said 'buy a JG barrel' but it quite plainly doesn't, all comes down to BAD PUNCTUATION (read non-existant) in the OPs post ::) The later half of the original post still stands though ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.