Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I'm new to this forum and sniping but not new to airsoft. I've playing for 3 years and I'm planning to get my first sniper rifle and upgrade it, as I've got a new job. This seems like a good forum to ask and appreciate any help in advance.

I've done some research and I've decided I'm going to get a TM VSR-10 Pro-sniper and preferably use PDI parts. I understand that there are many guides on upgrading sniper rifles but many of them contradict each other!

I'm hoping to get 250-300ft effective range @ 450-500 fps with upgraded parts and mods.

I would like know if this is a good list of parts to get to achieve this:

PDI VSR palsonite cylinder set
PDI HD Piston with a 90° piston end
PDI TM VSR 330 spring
PDI VSR 1st sear
PDI VSR 2nd sear
PDI V-Trigger
PDI 6.05mm x 430mm VSR-10 Tight Bore Barrel
PDI W bucking
Dangerwerx Type B Hop Up Arm

With these mods from some of the guides on here:

TDC
"Teflon tape" or dental floss around bucking and cylinder for 100% air seal
R hop or ER hop with LRB
Barrel spacers
Shim the hop up unit
Foam in stock (just for more quietness)

- I don't have some of the tools or experience for some of these mods, but I have a local tech who is able to do ER/R hop and maybe LRB mod.

and a few questions:

1) Can the PDI hop up chamber only use AEG barrels or can it use VSR ones?

2) Do you need a AEG bucking to install R hop or ER hop?

3) I know that an ER hop + LRB mod is very good for increased range, however, can it be done on the VSR barrel and VSR bucking or do you require an AEG hop up chamber (like PDI's one?) so AEG barrels and buckings can fit?

Thanks a lot. It's my first time posting so I don't know whether it's too long or not!

·
Registered
604 Posts
1. Only AEG barrels.
2. Yes and no. ER-hop is technically anything longer than a normal barrel window, so if you cut your barrel window longer than the stock configuration, then technically you have an ER-hop. However, people typically try to extend ER-hops to around 11mm. You can use a VSR bucking for an "ER-hop," but for a full 11mm ER-hop you'll need an AEG bucking.
3. See above.

If you're interested in the exact build you've described, I'm selling one....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd get the Action Army hop up unit. Gets great air seal without any mods and it has the TDC mod built in. Dangerwerx arm not required. Win-win-win.

For sound dampening, choose the proper barrel length for your intended BB weight (volume matching). Makes a big difference.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Yeah, the AA chamber is supposed to be pretty darn good. Put a PDI barrel in there and you're a pretty long way ;)

It can also (with a little modification on the barrel end) take both AEG and VSR barrels, so that's another plus.

As for sound dampening, volume matching helps, but definitely also foam pad the stock, otherwise the stock will act like a sound box and it'll make a hell of a lot of noise :hehe:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for info. What bucking would you recommend with AA Chamber? Also, I'm also confused about ER/R Hop and flat-hopping. Do you apply the ER/Rhop to the barrel and the flat hop to the bucking? Can you do both or just do one? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
To do the er/r-hop, you have to flat hop your bucking for it to work. You can flat hop without going to the r hop. I would say try out the flat hop first. It is easier to do and not as time consuming as an r-hop.

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
Debatable. Really boils down to the build and how good you are at installing r-hops.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Flat hop is definitely better than a stock bucking. R hop is even better, but harder to install. I'd do the flat hop first (cut the inside of the bucking flat & rotate it 90 degrees & add a flat nub). Can be done in 10 minutes (flat-hopping the bucking, making a nub and installing it) and is guaranteed better performance ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1tonne said he used the maple bucking with an AA Chamber and in fuzzywolly's guide he said he used the firefly bucking with AA Chamber - both are said they worked well - Which one should I get? Thanks for the patience, the information you're giving me is very helpful. I have asked quite a few questions, I hope you're ok with that!

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
1tonne said he used the maple bucking with an AA Chamber and in fuzzywolly's guide he said he used the firefly bucking with AA Chamber - both are said they worked well - Which one should I get? Thanks for the patience, the information you're giving me is very helpful. I have asked quite a few questions, I hope you're ok with that!
Both are good bucking brands, but again, what barrel style are you going with? AEG-style or VSR-style? Makes quite a difference. The action army chamber can take both, but the PDI chamber takes AEG style barrels (and buckings).

My personal recommendation would be the AEG style along with a PDI chamber. The double hopup arm configuration is brilliant. It's worthless the way PDI made it, but you just strip the chamber of all its parts except for the O-rings and the arms and double TDC mod it. This is what mine looks like:

Definitely makes for a great system. But won't work with VSR buckings.

Some people say VSR style buckings have a better grip on the bb, but personally I've seen great performance with my AEG buckings, I wouldn't consider it a disadvantage :tup:

If anything, an advantage, because AEG buckings are much easier to modify, haha :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Both are good bucking brands, but again, what barrel style are you going with? AEG-style or VSR-style? Makes quite a difference. The action army chamber can take both, but the PDI chamber takes AEG style barrels (and buckings).

My personal recommendation would be the AEG style along with a PDI chamber. The double hopup arm configuration is brilliant. It's worthless the way PDI made it, but you just strip the chamber of all its parts except for the O-rings and the arms and double TDC mod it. This is what mine looks like:

Definitely makes for a great system. But won't work with VSR buckings.

Some people say VSR style buckings have a better grip on the bb, but personally I've seen great performance with my AEG buckings, I wouldn't consider it a disadvantage :tup:

If anything, an advantage, because AEG buckings are much easier to modify, haha :)
Thanks for the info!
What barrel and hop up do you use, since you're using an AEG hop up chamber? I know PDI is a good make, so I might go down your route.
However, if not, I think I might go with the AA chamber (as it already has TDC) with Nineball bucking and flat hop it. Then I'll probably get someone to install a R-Hop.
In the future I will might decide to go with an ER Hop with a LRB...
There are so many options! :nuts: I've just got to pick the right one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It all depends on when I have the money - airsoftmaniacman is selling a upgraded vsr 10 "upper". I'm not sure if it will still be available when I have the money, so I'm trying to piece together an upgrade list for my own.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts