Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what might be a unique problem. I got a M24 in a trade today in the mail and wanting to know what I got myself into started playing with it. once I had the two halves together I try to cock the gun and find that pull is not smooth at all but jumpy and very stiff. I take it apart and find that where the bolt rests has been painted. I figure this might be part of the problem. My question what would be a good sand paper to clear that paint off. Also should I make it shiny or just get the tan paint off.

Also the bolt itself has seen better days. It has some damage to it (scratches and such) is that normal?

Edit: I found something interesting. I'm having the same problem as woogie with the bolt but found that if I push the center of the bolt assembly it slides all the way forward. Could the bolt assembly be cause for bad draw?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I would say get some paint thinner and use a brush to get the paint out of there. Just watch it and be careful.

I have a plastonite cylinder as well as a steel cylinder, I think. Pm me if you are thinking you need it.

I tried to use a nail punch to push those pins back into the cylinder, but that didn't work. I tried to sand down part of the reciever, but I didn't get enough out. So I am going to use my needle files and take a very small ammount out.

If you are needing mags for the rifle, take a look over on kastaway airsoft. I have 3 of them that will be here tomorrow

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks woogie I shot you a PM.

But about the bad cocking could that be the bolt assembly being bad and just needs to be replaced? Every time I pull back I have to brace it with my thumb to counteract the force of the pull and then do the same when I'm pushing back in.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I do the same thing with the rifle.... then again I do this with every rifle that I own.

I grew up shooting real rifles and even with those, I do the same thing. It may just be a technique thing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! LOL I guess I'll just have to work on technique to get it fast.

Thanks for the help Woogie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.