Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I look and look and searched...and didn't find what I'm looking for, if I missed it please direct me in the write direction and the mods can delete this.

I'd like to know if anyone has gone mental enough to convert a solid stock to a folding stock. I know it would be a rather ambitious undertaking and may not work but I'd like to give it a try. Has anyone else attempted or looked into undertaking such a mod?

I'd like to achieve this not only as it would further my quest to convert it from a L96 clone to a L115A3 bastard child, but also because if I can make it fold it will fit in my Pelican case and I won't have to go drop another ~$180 for the longer case.

Thanks for your attention.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sorry no one got back to you. I believe I saw someone attempting this half a year or a year back. I don't remember the details, but it involved installing a makeshift hinge to each side of a cut all the way through the stock.

It didn't look very professional, but I believe the owner had it quite sturdy by the time he was done. You'll probably have to play it by ear for the most part, however.

@Silentfury, There are a few different stock models for clone L96's, but I think the closest it gets is an adjustable/chrome buttplate. I just searched for it, but I'm blanking on the brand so I couldn't find it. Folding stock is something different altogether.

Unless you know something I don't!
if so, a link would be great

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Tokyo Marui L96 has a folding stock. But that stock would likely run me in the 100s of dollars and at that point I would just sell on the UTG and grab a TM one and mod from there. I will save the major surgery on the new toy for later, then hack away at it once it's put in some good service. Thanks for the replies guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.