Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

this is actually my first post but I've been following these forums ever since I first decided I'd start a carreer as an airsoft sniper.

The problem is as follows: I ordered an UTG L96, gotten it today and did a few tries. With the scope zeroed horizontally I was finally able to see the path of the BB and noticed something strange - it arched upward and to the left.

I tried playing with the hop-up, didn't help. I haven't tried using heavier bb's yet as I don't have them (just have the 0.25s that i got with the package) but in all fairness the weight shouldnt affect the bbs going sideways ... or would it?

Anyway, my question is, how the hell do i get my bbs to fly in a straight line for the whole duration of the flight?

ps.: The gun is supposed to have something over 450fps (different reviews state its 500 to 480 but i highly doubt it).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well If it isn't the hop up, which it might still be. My guess is you have your scope on the wrong way, I had this problem at first because of the directions. Basically the post that controls elevation should be on the top and the post that controls wind-age(left-right) should be on the right on the side of the bolt handle. That just may be your problem because then all the adjustments are going the opposite way they are supposed to. I am just assuming you made this easily fixed mistake and your hop up bucking is not damaged or improperly aligned. But these guns and their permutations of similar brands generally shoot 450-470fps, UTG does make an upgrade kit if you want more power.

Heres my link to of a review i did of the upgrade if your interested: http://miairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=spring&action=display&thread=31882

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not a problem of me not being able to fix the scope, i have 3 turrets on my Leapers 4x40 and it would be kindof strange to put it up the wrong way.

When i read the DRM thread that Vindicareassassin wrote I kindof figured it was the hop up fucking me over, the only problem being i don't think i have the skill or knowledge necessary to go and disassemble the whole gun and fix it.

The problem is the gun shoots in a straight line, only if i tilt it to the right by 10 degrees or so.

·
Registered
132 Posts
well than thats definatley your hop-up then. I don't realy know what to tell you, I have no Idea on how to full disasemble it, I havent done it on mine. Could you get it replaced by the company you bought it from, that sounds like a defect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found a youtube video explaining the thing, its just a matter of rotating the inner barrel and hopup chamber a bit, theres a screw that shows if its leveled or not, mine wasnt :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.