Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I read this thread: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Stock-MK96-Dummies-t172200.html (Moderators, if I am breaking any rules by posting this here, then please delete this thread with my apologies, thanks.). It mentions placing rubber grommets along the inner barrel, and then wrapping them in tape to match the inner diameter of the outer barrel, thus reducing vibrations in the barrel. I was wondering if I could use rubber o' rings instead, and if so would it do the same job as the grommets?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I found some pipe spacers at a local hardware store.

The profile looks like an "H" from the side. And the inner diamter fits really nice around the inner barrel.

If you want a one piece spacer, just use some wax. Makes for a really stable inner barrel, and it is really easy to make.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
You can find a picture how to online here.

I just followed that

Tape off the end of the barrel, near your hop up chamber. Melt some wax, and pour a little bit down the space, and then put your muzzle cap on to center the inner barrel. Keep doing this up and you will make a one piece spacer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.