Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure you get lots of titles similar to that one. My apologies. ??? But if i might add, i do have a decent aeg and know a thing or two about airsoft lol. I found one for about $60 and considering it was originally around $100, you cant go wrong for a beginner, stock sniper. So on to my questions, yes, the dreaded uber n00ber Qs. Again, you have my deepest and sincerest...

Firstly, i still have a chance to save my $60 and put towards a tanaka or maruzen or CA, or whatever you 1337 snipers use (o_O ok ill stop that...) I figure there are two important factors when deciding to buy any gun: accuracy and power. Many factors help with those two, but i believe those are the most important. The l96 has a .04 inner. Could easily be dropped down to a .01 for, what, $70? And power? the l96 has plenty of it. The most powerful stock sniper i have seen on the internet (besides the g22 on airsoft megastore...but i havent heard great things about that (non gas version)...can i do that? i mean can i put parenthesis in parentheses? And yes i spelt it two different ways because my spellcheck gave me two different....nvm -_-') Where was I? Oh, yes so i think 450 fps is pretty plenty stock, wouldnt you say? Considering most fields allow no more than 500-550 fps. Ok, ok, so yes, that extra 100 or so fps might be the difference between getting bit in the ass by a tick in the woods and not but i REALLY dont want to spend $500 on my first sniper....etc lol.

Anyway, any thoughts or elaborations on my ideas would be tremendously appreciated...i was also kind enough not to use up the remaining 58394 characters remaining...wait...now...58252...247...241...nvm again. You get my drift. Be nice to my nooby questions and ill stop typing xD

Happy new year everyone. woot 2009 -_-;

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would look at the JG BAR 10. I have heard it's a really good rifle for starting off. I'm ordering one in the next few days. Most all of the Tokyo Marui upgrade parts will fit into it; as the JG is a 100% clone of the Marui. It's only around $100 so you aren't that far off from being able to purchase it.

Here are the four different models from AirsoftGI

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?select=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.airsoftgi.com%2Findex.php%3FcPath%3D139_113%26sort%3D2a%26PLsort%3D3d&cPath=139_113&sort=2a&filter_id=26

I would suggest going with the normal rifle and not the G-Spec. The normal rifle with a decent scope is $130

Take a look, read some reviews, see if you are interested.

2009 in 0010.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The only thing that had drawn me away from the jg was the fps. 350 with one and 400 with the other is basically a single shot version of what i have...upgradable, yes. But much more expensive. Im barely getting the hand of upgrading my aeg. I can barely put back together my gearbox. I dont know if itd be wise to start upgrading the internals of a sniper if its just as hard, if not harder than an aeg. Much appreciated though. Much appreciated though. Also heard that the inner barrel was pretty wide too. Dont know if 'wide' is 6.04 mm or 6.08mm. lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you can get the UTG for $60, I would say try it...but I doubt that includes a scope or bipod, which will likely get you right back up to $100. A couple people I play with own or have owned the UTG L96 and have been happy with it in stock form....it is a good enough gun to get a feel for sniping with....but an upgraded sniper rifle will have better range and accuracy.

If you dislike the gun, you can always sell it, probably without a loss. If you want to pursue sniping, you can keep it as a backup, sell it, or try to upgrade it...but a BAR 10, VSR-10, APS2/L96, or M24 are the best spring gun base guns. Avoid gas guns, unless you live in a place where it's always warm.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, if the deal falls through, i might just save up for this: Clicky But i have a scope, need $7 rings and as for a bipod, i was thinking about this: Clicky Any thoughts? It swivels!! Can't go wrong xD. Anyway, i checked that gun out. Had seen it in the past. ill be upgrading my aeg to around 400 so i might as well use it rather than a 400 fps single shot that goes the same distance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you are getting the comfortable with the inside of a AEG then you have nothing to fear inside a VSR10 or BAR10. They are pretty simple inside, My personal suggestion is a VSR10 or BAR 10 and incrementally upgraded it. There are lots of ways to upgrade and improve a 10. I would start with a tightbore and a appropriate hop up bucking. followed by some sort of trigger upgrade and a spring. THere are lots of threads on what and why of upgrades for these replicas.

The UTG Shadow ops L96 is OK but limited in its upgradability. There are a lot of players that buy a springer sniper rifle replica and find out that they don't like sniping or are unwilling to put the money into it to gain even a little advantage over a AEG. They will usually sell off their replica pretty cheap so deals are around if you look for them. Browse around the forum, take the time to learn about the replicas in each subcategory and make a decision based on that and what looks good, feels good in your arms.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, this is a sweet forum
Much appreciated guys. Thanks jeep. Well, the only reason i took apart my gearbox was because i had a spare one...and because it was useless. Someone dropped something on the side of my Tm m16vn and basically snapped the cylinder head and air nozzle. I wasnt touching my classic army internals. But i was waiting for someone to tell my that. I was scared that the internals for a bolt action would be more intricate than an aeg. Also, there are more tutorials for aegs. Wasnt sure what info was out there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My apologies for the double post.

Just went down to my local airsoft dealer and he had a used CA m24. Only upgrade was bringing it up to 500 fps, but for $250 i couldnt resist lol. Has a pretty nice paint job plus a bipod.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sniper rifle internals are relatively simple compared to an AEG's (spring sniper rifles anyway). My MB03 (pretty much a cheapo's VSR-10) was very simple internally- it takes about four screws and a few seconds of untwisting the outer barrel to reach the hop up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.