Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a UTG L96 that was working fine not too long ago, and now its taking wayyy too much force to rack the bolt forward and seat it. Its sounds like something is grinding somewhere.

Without the spring guide arm, the bolt easily slides back and forth in the receiver. No problem, no noises.

With the arm in, way too much force to seat it. The spring is only pumping out 444fps with .25's. Definitely not that.

I took the bolt out, and I cleaned it, relubbed it, and put it back together, and I still an insane amount of force to push it in all the way.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Thank you.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The spring guide seemed fine when I cleaned it. Is that rod, that the spring guide goes around, necessary? None of the other bolt actions I've owned needed it.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How would I even check that? And make sure that doesn't happen?

UPDATE: I did some things here.

I remove the trigger box, and with the spring guide arm in place, the was no problem with bolt operation (sans of course, not catching on the piston sear). I reinstalled it, problem comes back up. I played around with the shims on the trigger box screws, and still no luck. Actually thats when disaster started to strikes. The screws started to fall out, then eventually, the receiver just completely cracked. Nothing more I can do with this until I get a new one, I guess... and I needed this for this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.