Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a utg shadow OPS L96 sniper. Does the spring wear itself down after a certain amount of time? i saw on some website that after about 500 shots the fps will go from 460 to 375. How long would this take? What spring would I get to eventually replace it?

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Dude you have dremendous amounts of grammar misstakes... Clean your message up. I don't now about spring wearing due to use, personally I've nerver had this kind of an problem with me springers so I don't know. But I hope your future (and already excisting) posts will be more pleasent to read soon. ;)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes this is true. Although I did make the UTG a project rifle eventually (that did NOT go well), before I put anything into it and after at least a year of use, it was shooting ~390, down from the stock 450. It doesn't take a year, either

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So about how long do you think I will take before it's down to 390 like you said? I have only had it for a week. What is a good, high quality spring replacement that will have it shooting the same or better fps, but last longer, if so where can I find one?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
You're pretty much screwed, all you can really do is just enjoy the rifle for however long you can. Clone 96's are made pretty horribly in that aspect. If you do decide to upgrade the spring back to what it can push straight out of the box, you'll find that you'll need to end up buying a new trigger assembly to hold that spring, and you'll probably need a reinforced bolt, because chances are that you're going to be so used to recycling the bolt how you can when they're stock, you'll get used to it when it's a stronger spring, and break it off (Seen this happen a dozen times).

My best advice I can give you is save up another $200, and buy a new trigger assembly (PDI or something of a higher quality) and then go pick up a PDI 300% spring. You should be good to go for a while, and if you're careful, you won't need to spend another $50 or so on the bolt. Or you could always try and sell that rifle to someone less experienced in the game, and pick up a Maruzen, and then just upgrade only the spring. Both avenues you take will end up costing you about the same, but in my opinion Maruzen has a much better feel to the stock and just overall appearence.

-Mosin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.